The issue with truck drivers falling asleep at the wheel and killing themselves, causing an accident or killing another motorist is of grave concern. Of course the truth is that most of the truck drivers who fall asleep end up on their sides off the side of the road. No these accidents are not acceptable and they can be deadly, but often the mass media hysteria blows this out of proportion.
The T-5 Group (The Trucking Think Tank Team) a division of the Online Think Tank whose primary goal is introducing technology to the Industry recently wrote a report on this subject and published an online eBook on the challenges of safety and efficiency in trucking. The mission was to come up with innovations that would not the sacrifice one for the other, rather to achieve both.
No one should have to die to deliver freight and our Nation’s Highways should not be considered a war zone!
Currently there are several new technologies, which might solve this problem for a low-cost. Which one will emerge in the market to be the dominant player is not yet known. It will be important for which ever technology is adopted by the Trucking Industry that there is some standardization and that the best technology wins.
This driver fatigue system could easily be a multi-Billion Dollar Industry considering the number of cars and Trucks on the road. Perhaps big enough for the Carlisle Group or TRW, if we look at the “airbag” innovation it makes sense.
Technology can prevent driver’s from falling asleep and causing accidents and yet we also must address the root causes of such problems and driver responsibility as well.
- Boy killed by truck driver playing Pokémon Go
- This month in overturned trucks: avocados, beer, liquid sugar, tea, and more
- Hitting The Virtual Roads Of Euro And American Truck Simulator With Retired Truckers
- A Very Important Guide On How To Recreate Optimus Prime In American Truck Simulator
- How Truck Simulator’s resident radio station became as big as the rigs
- Night Drive: Euro Truck Simulator 2
- The Truck Simulator radio stations making waves in the real world
- American Truck Simulator’s Free Arizona DLC Makes The Game The Size It Always Should Have Been
- The Dark Knight truck flip was peak superhero stunt work
- Driverless trucks: economic tsunami may swallow one of most common US jobs
- NASCAR Heat 3 deals the dirt to consoles this fall
- Land of enchantment: an American Truck Sim – New Mexico photo diary
- Breaking news: American Truck Simulator now has better raindrops
- October 2018 Humble Monthly Overview: All Shapes and Sizes
- Croydon tram crash: TfL to add warning systems to trams
- True Detective episode 4 recap: the mystery, suspects and clues so far
- 'Pokemon Go' Latest News & Update: Niantic Has Disabled PokeStop While Driving; Will The Game Be Safer To Play?
- The Flare Path: Ascension Day +1
- Prison Architect Alpha 28 declutters the interface and fixes wandering doctors
- Adult Swim Releases New Free Flash Game
Sleepless Truck Drivers and Trucking Accidents From Falling Asleep have 480 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 24, 2007. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.