Does your wife or partner drop subtle hints to you before Christmas that she would like some gorgeous lingerie for her Christmas gift? – but you somehow wriggle out of it by either telling her that you didn’t know what to get, or you might brave the shops only to find you have chosen something she would not wear or maybe. You may even find yourself saying, I’ll give you the money and you choose it!
It is a common scenario that men are fearful when it comes to buying lingerie for their partner. And who can blame you? We women are fussy and we know exactly what we want. Coupled with the choice you face in the lingerie department, we do understand that you don’t stand much of a chance of getting it right!
In recent years, some high street stores have had “expert” advisors on hand in the lingerie department on the run up to Christmas. This is a great step in the right direction but still some men are too afraid or embarrassed to ask advice of matters of such delicacy! So, I’ve put together some handy hints for you which will give you all the information you need to know before venturing to the shops.
Like any new venture on which you are about to embark, research is paramount. These are the things you need to find out: the correct size – most important! Have a (careful!) rummage through her underwear to find the size of her underwear. Look at the labels and on the bra, you are looking for a two digit number followed by a letter (eg: 34D). Then on the knicker labels, you’ll see either a single or double digit (eg: 8 or 12) or Small, Medium, etc. Note it all down so you don’t forget it. During the rummage, take a look at the type of underwear that is in the drawer. Is it plain? Or maybe sexy? Or lacy or sporty? If it is plain, she is unlikely to like anything with a lot of lace and similarly, if it is all lacy, don’t buy plain!
Check out her wardrobe too and see what types of colours she likes – be brave with the colour you choose. Don’t buy white multipacks!
Hitting the shops
Some rules to remember when you are in the shops are:
Buy matching sets. An extra couple of pairs of knickers is always a great idea so the set can be worn more often.
Buy at the top of your budget. You really do get what you pay for, so buy the best you can afford. Cheap underwear doesn’t provide good support and doesn’t last very long either.
Consider the fabric choice as well. Smooth fabrics will look better under t-shirts and tight tops, so make sure you pay attention to the type of tops she normally wears!
Just when you thought all the above was enough, there is more to consider! The shape of the bra is important too. Under-wired bras tend to give a better shape. During your rummaging expedition, take a look at whether she has under-wired styles. Balconette or plunge styles are flattering for most. Avoid anything with the words slimming, padded or control – not very romantic!!
Your gift should be well packaged. If the shop assistant offers to wrap it for you, accept the offer. If not, buy a gift box. Whatever you do, don’t hand it over in the carrier bag!
If all else fails, why not enlist the help of a Colour Me Beautiful Personal Shopper? Your Consultant will be able to guide you through the information you need to collect and then help you in your choice.
- The 34 best last minute Christmas gifts for 2020 – for both him and her
- 22 Best Christmas gifts for Mum 2020: How to show Mum you care this December
- Easy (but great) last-minute Christmas gifts you can print or email
- Last-minute gift ideas: 7 streaming services for that arts and culture lover in your life
- Zara McDermott puts on a sizzling display in red lace lingerie as Sam Thompson's sister Louise throws her support behind their reunion after cheating betrayal
- An expert's guide to COVID-safe holiday shopping: Spending pro shares top tips for Christmas present buying in 2020 - as FEMAIL reveals the ultimate gift guide to delight everyone on your list
- Cara Delevingne posts throwback lingerie snap from a Savage x Fenty shoot as she shares some of her favourite photos with fans
- 6 best Christmas gift bags: ditch the wrapping paper for these traditional prints, eco styles, ironic slogans and more
- The 10 Best Last-Minute Christmas Gifts You Can Still Get Delivered in Time
- Xbox Series S restock updates: Get inventory drop alerts for Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, Target and more
- Where to buy the Xbox Series S: See the restock status for Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, Target and more
- Meghan Markle's Christmas Gift List 2020: 10 presents Prince Harry might buy her
- From luxury pyjamas and knitted joggers to cashmere socks and pendant necklaces, the ultimate fashion gift guide for Christmas 2020
- The ultimate last-minute Amazon gift guide: More than 50 present suggestions for the whole family that are sure to delight this Christmas
- Best Christmas 2020 food gifts serious foodies will love unwrapping (and eating!)
- Where to buy the PS5: Restock updates for Best Buy, Walmart, GameStop, Amazon, Target and more
- Natalya Wright sets pulses racing in VERY skimpy white lingerie and a matching hoodie as she shares a slew of snaps from her sexy shoot
- From Wagyu Steaks to Iconic American Denim, Here Are 37 Great Gifts for Every Guy on Your List
- Mother’s Day Gift Guide: What to give your star mum (plus added Beyonce bounce)
- The Best Gift Sets for Men (No Matter How Close the Relationship)
A Man's Guide to Buying Lingerie As a Gift have 952 words, post on ezinearticles.com at November 18, 2008. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.