Since I recently made the decision to create a home-based business in Las Vegas, Nevada, I had to obtain a business license. It shouldn’t be too complicated, right? Well, it proved to be far more involved than filling out a piece of paper and paying a fee. Even if you don’t live in Las Vegas, perhaps you can still benefit from my recent experiences. Many cities in our country have similar issues regarding jurisdiction and small business licensing rules.The first hurdle to overcome was determining if the license fell under the jurisdiction of Clark County, Nevada or the city of Las Vegas. One would assume that since the location of the business has a Las Vegas address, it would require a Las Vegas license. Well despite appearances, that turned out to be a false assumption. Why is this so important? Two different jurisdictions mean two different office locations where a person applies in person for the license. Since I didn’t want to mail in an application, It would be very annoying go to the wrong office. The county offices are on Grand Central Parkway and the city offices on Stewart Avenue which is literally across town. Some Las Vegas addresses… Read full this story
- Gunshot sent shoppers fleeing Las Vegas mall; no injuries
- Hedge Fund Unveiled to Accommodate Surging Wealth in Las Vegas Area
- Las Vegas Gun Laws: Open Carry, Concealed Weapons, Machine Guns All Legal in Nevada
- Where to get married in Las Vegas – the best chapels and hotels
- Is Las Vegas trying to drop it's famous 'What Happens in Vegas' slogan? Rumors swirl in Sin City after Aerosmith chanted a new tagline and the tourism board teased a big announcement in the new year
- Who Are the Las Vegas Shooting Victims?
- Vanderpump Rules stars Tom Schwartz and Katie Maloney celebrate second wedding in Las Vegas with cowboy themed party as couple gets license to make marriage official
- Judge upholds arbitration in Las Vegas newspaper battle
- Drake celebrates his new $10million Las Vegas residency with upscale dinner at Madeo in Beverly Hills
- Trump campaign alleges early-voting violations in Las Vegas
Getting a Business License in the Unincorporated City of Las Vegas have 347 words, post on ezinearticles.com at November 9, 2008. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.