The South African emergency response team for Johannesburg says itwill provide a “developed service” at the World Cup.Emergency Management Services divisional chief Sean Knoetzetold The Associated Press on Wednesday that they had prepared forbiological and chemical incidents, stadium collapses, aircraftcrashes and flooding during the monthlong tournament.Knoetze said the access problems that contributed to SouthAfrica’s biggest sporting disaster, when 43 people died in a crushat a soccer game at Johannesburg’s Ellis Park stadium in 2001, havebeen rectified.Ellis Park is a World Cup venue. The event begins June 11.
- Giving Tea The Blue Bottle Treatment
- Nancy Pelosi launches formal impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump amid reports he withheld aid money from Ukraine - as he brands the move 'more breaking news Witch Hunt garbage' and accuses the Dems of 'presidential harassment'
- In Hindsight
- TfL Tube strike 2019 – has the London Underground strike been called off?
- Good Old Grateful Dead
- Korea is the focus, but this is China versus Japan
- Full text of the 2019 Spending Review - what Sajid Javid just announced
- Tuesday briefing: Tories scramble to recover from wounds
- Special Report: White House veterans helped Gulf monarchy build secret surveillance unit
- 'Do something, you useless f***': Angry climate activists dress as koalas and dub Scott Morrison 'Scummo' as they blame the PM for global warming
Emergency service prepares for Cup have 219 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 24, 2010. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.