The captain of the Flamengo team that won the Brazilian championship in 2009 has been found guilty of kidnapping his former lover and trying to force her to abort the child she claimed he’d fathered, officials said Tuesday. Bruno Fernandes – known in the football world just as Bruno – still faces separate charges of killing the woman, Eliza Samudio. The 25-year-old model disappeared in June 2010. A court in Rio de Janeiro sentenced him to four years and six months in prison. An accomplice was sentenced to three years, the court said. The conviction involves Samudio’s 2009 allegation that Bruno and others kidnapped her and tried to force her to take medication to abort the unborn child she had with the goalkeeper. The child was born and also named Bruno, with custody being awarded to Samudio’s mother after a court dispute. Police said Bruno had arranged for her to be kidnapped in Rio and driven to a rural property he owns in the state of Minas Gerais, where she was beaten and strangled to death by a former policeman and a friend of Bruno’s. Her body was never found. Investigators said it was cut up and fed to dogs…. Read full this story
- Champions League PIX: Liverpool whip Red Star, Barca sink Inter
- Best and worst dressed at the MTV VMAs
- No Hollywood ending for Sam Burgess as professional and personal lives suffer blows
- Venezuelan pianist Gabriela Montero: 'How can we not take a stand?'
- The best N64 games of all time
- Why Shatrughan Sinha cried like a baby
- 'Live from the heart.
- The best Xbox One games, including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Psychopathic Killers Hide in Plain Sight
- Psychopathic Killer: The Homicidal Boy Next Door
Brazilian star guilty of kidnapping lover have 280 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 7, 2010. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.