Officials said Thursday they have found the vehicle used by armed men who abducted Washington Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos, a case that highlights a sharp rise in kidnappings for ransom in Venezuela. Police found the kidnappers’ vehicle abandoned in a nearby town Thursday morning and were gathering evidence, Justice Minister Tareck El Aissami told reporters. ”It’s a very important find,” he said, vowing to rescue Ramos and capture his abductors. He said anti-kidnapping units led by ”the best investigators we have” were dispatched to the area in central Carabobo state. The 24-year-old Venezuelan player, who had just finished his rookie season, was seized from his home in the town of Santa Ines by kidnappers on Wednesday night. ”The abductors haven’t made contact with the family or with anyone,” said Domingo Alvarez, vice president of the Venezuelan Professional Baseball League, in a telephone interview. ”We’re worried.” Ramos was taken away in an SUV by four armed men from his home, spokeswoman Katherine Vilera of his Venezuelan team, the Aragua Tigers, said on her official Twitter account. Police last year said that 618 kidnappings were reported in 2009, and the numbers have grown rapidly in recent years. In 1998, when President Hugo… Read full this story
- IDF Drones Destroy Two Cars Used to Launch Terror Balloons
- Mexican Bulletproof Car Business Grows as Violence Soars
- Can a Dealer Charge Me an ‘Inspection Fee’ for a Certified Pre-Owned Car?
- What Should I Do If I Don't Trust My Local Dealer to Service My New Car?
- Who is Chloe Ayling, when was the model kidnapped by the Black Death group and when was her kidnapper found guilty?
- Where is Karen Matthews now, why did she kidnap her daughter Shannon and what happened to her other kids?
- Billionaire’s grandson John Paul Getty III ‘suggested own kidnap to fund hippy paradise with LSD in water supply’, widow claims
- Good Samaritan Thwarts Man Who Tried to Kidnap 11-Year-Old Girl in Queens: Sources
- Jorge Ramos Infuriated Both Trump and Maduro — And Elicited the Same Response
- Woman Who Kidnapped Husband’s Girlfriend Gets 30 Years In Prison
Car used in kidnapping of Ramos found have 342 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 9, 2011. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.