A hundred dollars? In Monaco? Surely that will buy little more than a candy bar to gnaw on while counting Ferraris. Actually, it will buy three hours of Formula One up close. If you know how to spend it. Here’s our guide for 2013. The key to get your money’s worth in Monaco is to know what you’re looking for in motor racing. Unlike a ball game, a motor race is impossible to follow when you’re watching it live. The tracks are just too long. Before Monaco, I’d been to exactly one race in my life, the 2007 24 Hours of Le Mans. It was an epiphany, one of the most amazing things I’ve ever experienced, but it wasn’t until a day later that I found out how the #2 Audi lost the lead on Sunday morning. Out there on France’s chilly West coast, it was all about existing for a day in a great bubble of noise and watching the glow of brake discs at dusk. If you want to follow a race, don’t go. Watch it on TV. If, on the other hand, you’re interested in hearing just how brutal an F1 car sounds like, how effortlessly it… Read full this story
- Seven things you need to know about Monaco Grand Prix
- Coronavirus: MotoGP to revise 2020 calendar again as Spanish Grand Prix postponed
- Daniel Ricciardo opens up on Australian Grand Prix ‘bombshell’ moment
- Coronavirus Pandemic: British Grand Prix decision by end of April, say F1 chiefs
- St. Petersburg Grand Prix reinstated; expected to be IndyCar’s new finale
- Owzat! England star Stokes to take to the track in virtual F1 grand prix
- British Grand Prix LIVE: Lewis Hamilton secures historic fifth British GP triumph as he closes gap on Sebastian Vettel
- Daniel Ricciardo brings star to tears during British Grand Prix press conference
- What F1 races have been cancelled due to coronavirus, and when will Grand Prix season now start?
- Villeneuve verwacht uitstel F1 Grand Prix van Canada
How To Have A Killer Time At The Monaco Grand Prix For $100 have 328 words, post on jalopnik.com at June 6, 2012. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.