Story highlights Petra Vujevic took a year off from pursing her computer science degree to try modeling A typical day for a Fashion Model lasts 12 hours, with no breaks for food Agencies grapple with trying to create a big name in post-supermodel era “Release the models!” The stage manager’s voice fills the backstage area, busy with hairstylists and makeup artists wielding the tools of their trade over a row of girls in front of brightly lit mirrors. “It’s time for a quick run-through.” It takes an extra moment for Petra Vujevic to break free from her chair, where she is surrounded by three stylists trying to tame her long blonde hair into a “punky ballerina” bun. The head stylist is teasing sections of her natural hair while another tends to neon pink extensions woven into her ponytail. A third handles clips and brushes. Vujevic winces. It hasn’t been a good hair day for the 20-year-old Croatian model. It’s the second time today that her head has been pulled in a million directions, loaded down with gooey products and hairspray. But she refrains from pouting because it’s part of the job. Anyway, modeling isn’t her life — not yet, at… Read full this story
- Madrid Fashion Week: Know how the 3-day fashion show happened amid the pandemic
- Kendall Jenner's grief over fractured Kylie bond before Stormi healed rift
- EXCLUSIVE: Can Ivanka and Jared retake New York? Powerhouse couple are gearing up to move back to their $4m Park Avenue pad and reclaim their socialite status - but insiders say they're in for a rude awakening
- Irina Shayk proves to be a high-end fashionista as she models a $3K Burberry coat and $2K Chanel boots while walking alone in New York City
- Traditional Vietnamese culture endless inspiration for modern fashion
- Chinese Billionaire’s Network Hyped Hunter Biden Dirt Weeks Before Rudy Giuliani
- QAnon Goes to Washington
- It’s now easier for a teacher to decide your little girl is a little boy than it is to give them aspirin! In a vital new book, DOUGLAS MURRAY reveals how transgender rights have become one of the most toxic issues of our age
- Murder at Markle Mansions, Archie learns about birds and bees, and Harry's great escape back to naked billiards: PIERS MORGAN presents a sneak preview of the Sussexes' new reality TV show
- Amen, Justin Bieber. I Prayed Like a Celebrity for Three Weeks.
A day in the life of a New York Fashion Week model have 397 words, post on edition.cnn.com at September 12, 2012. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.