VietNamNet Bridge – “If the relocation becomes a reality, I’m afraid that the trust of foreign institutions and investors in the Vietnamese government will be affected,” said Mr. Tuan Bendixsen, chief representative of the Animal Asia Foundation (AAF) in Vietnam, in an interview with VietNamNet about the decision to relocate the Tam Dao Bear Rescue Center. 104 bears to be removed from national park Who deprives the bears’ home? Bears face uncertain fate As a representative of the AAF, could you give us official information? Mr. Tuan Bendixsen, Photo: AAF The Vietnam Bear Rescue Center Project was kicked off in 2006, approved by the Prime Minister in 2008. According to the original agreement between the AAF, the sponsor for this project, and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) – the Vietnamese partner in this project, the MARD offers 12ha of land in Chat Dau Valley, in the buffer zone of Tam Dao National Park to the project. The AAF is responsible for providing fund. The two sides pledged to maintain the center for at least 20 years. This is a non-profit project. In the process of obtaining the grounds, the center had to pay over VND4 billion ($200,000)…
- Last private bear bile farm in Tien Giang closed
- Donald Trump says 'will it never end' as a hurricane bears down on Puerto Rico then repeats discredited claim it got $92 billion from Congress in wake of Hurricane Maria
- Politics must stop at the edge of intelligence for sake of security
- Factbox: U.S. and South Korea's security arrangement, cost of troops
- Microsoft: Hackers from Fancy Bear strike sporting and anti-doping organizations
- National People's Congress — more money for Chinese military?
- A nation torn apart, civil unrest, and a deeply divisive Tory PM fighting for survival. No not Boris in 2019, but the infinitely grimmer state of the nation under Margaret Thatcher, writes DOMINIC SANDBROOK
- The Most Heroic Child Rescues Made By Border Patrol Agents
- Drowning in debt — Barbados' predicament offers a warning for small island nations
- Kyrsten Sinema Bucks Party, Calls On Lawmakers To Better Secure The Border
Tam Dao bear rescue center and "national security" have 332 words, post on at November 15, 2012. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.