Updated: June 28, 2014 When I began this crazy ride of traveling as much as physically and financially possible at 15, I was impressionable, excited and more than a little clueless. Over the last seven years I have had my share of small tragedies on the road: a pick-pocketing incident when I was stranded with no cash for three weeks, LICE (bleh), several cases of serious illness on holiday (and heartbreak) stand out as the most memorable. But overall I know that travel, despite its inevitable ups and downs, has changed me for the better. Here are all the ways that travel has permanently changed me. Table of Contents 1. I always try to kiss people.2. I’m terrified of elevators.3. I’m a huge bread and cheese snob.4. I actually understand the metric system.5. I measure prices in plane tickets.6. I get really offended when people bad-mouth the U.S.7. I’m a much more optimistic person.8. I speak English like a robot.9. I’m always a tiny bit scared of being robbed.10. I’m much more open to meeting new people. How has travel permanently changed you?Enjoyed this post? Subscribe here! 1. I always try to kiss people. After spending a lot of time in kiss-heavy countries like… Read full this story
- MLAs vote against abortion law change
- Rise in NI women travelling for abortions
- Kim Jong-un forces Donald Trump to leave Singapore a day early after making travel plans for hours after historic summit
- Journey into Mongolia on an adventure with nomadic herders
- When a $16k payrise only gives you $50 a week extra in hand after credits reduced
- Donald Trump arrives at Chequers for crunch showdown with Theresa May after explosive Brexit interview
- What the people of the North East think about Brexit
- Inside Antarctica: the continent whose fate will affect millions
- What's on: Things to do in the Farnham area this half-term
- 'Becoming a Portuguese Citizen'
10 Ways that Travel Permanently Changed Me have 319 words, post on www.ashleyabroad.com at January 7, 2013. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.