This Tuesday, May 14, marks the second annual World Risk Day—a global forum for those in the industry to discuss trends, challenges and best practices in risk management. One of the many speakers lined up for the event is Michael Lopez, senior associate at Booz Allen Hamilton. To get his take on the role of the modern risk manager, we asked him a few questions.Risk Management Monitor: Has the idea of the role of risk manager been lost? How so?Michael Lopez: I don’t think so at all. If anything, I think we’re seeing a new appreciation for the profession. Historically focused in insurance and finance, risk is taking on a broader definition, from homeland security to business operations to social issues. If anything, we might be seeing the scope increase too broadly and thus we’ve got some confusion about what a risk manager is and what they do.In a general sense, we’re all risk managers. We are all constantly evaluating risk and making decisions as a result. Most of us don’t even know we’re doing it. Because of that, some business or organizational leaders don’t think they need a risk manager because they do it themselves. Alternatively, some leaders outsource the role… Read full this story
- Q&A with Australian cricket legend Michael Bevan
- Lewis Hamilton Sees Long-Term Future At Mercedes, Reveals Michael Schumacher Inspiration
- Supreme Lewis Hamilton takes Spanish Grand Prix victory to increase championship lead
- SN Q&A: ESPN Radio's Michael Kay rips Mike Francesa, Entercom for how WFAN reunion happened
- Sebastian Vettel takes Azerbaijan Grand Prix pole as Lewis Hamilton delivers response to Ecclestone criticism
- Hamilton Fires Title Warning, Keen To Sort Out Mercedes' Issues
- Lewis Hamilton wins fifth Formula One world title at Mexico Grand Prix
- Will the 2018 NFL quarterback draft class be memorably great or memorably disappointing?
- Tyronn Lue had Michael Jordan's ear long before he coached LeBron James
- Can Penn State make it 7-0 in the desert? Fiesta Bowl GameDay
What Makes a Great Risk Manager: Q&A With Michael Lopez of Booz Allen Hamilton have 330 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at May 12, 2013. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.