Sean Penn thinks some tea party members of Congress should be forcibly committed to psychiatric institutions. During an appearance on Piers Morgan Live Monday night, the actor and activist suggested treatment was needed to fix the “mental health problem in Congress.”Penn managed to tie his recent work in Haiti to the recent situation in Washington, saying he decided to return home to his own “third-world country” during the government shutdown. When it comes to the tea party influence on the Republican Party, Penn said there’s a “mental health problem in Congress” that could be solved by “committing them by executive order.” Rather than “criticizing and attacking” the extreme right-wing of the GOP, Penn said we should be treating them. “This is a cry for help,” he added. When Piers Morgan asked if we should “literally” commit people like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Penn said, “He’s my American brother and I think we should take care of him. He’s in trouble.” He attributed the problem both to “uneducated” Americans in general and the “solipsism” of people like Cruz specifically. Unlike Haiti, Penn said in the United States “we have it all to make it great, but we find ways of self-destructing.”… Read full this story
- Joan Morgan on Her New Book and 20 Years of Lauryn Hill's
- Health Care Rulings: No 'Sputnik Moment'
- Empire Recap: Spilling the Tea, Slinging the Mud and Out for Blood
- Measure To Cap Dialysis Profits Pummeled After Record Spending By Industry
- How many of us would opt out of food if given the chance? – Nicola Twilley
- Industries Turn to Bracewell Lobbyists to Scuttle Product Safety Rules
- Brett Kavanaugh, Rape Culture, and Feminist Fatigue
- Another all-male coachload of 'child' migrants arrives in Britain - but officials WON'T say how many there are and WON'T do dental checks to prove they're really children
- Marc Morano Wins Prestigious Award
- The Labor of Bringing a Baby Into Appalachia
Sean Penn Exposes Tea Party’s ‘Mental Health Problems’ to Piers Morgan have 312 words, post on www.mediaite.com at October 29, 2013. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.