In the wake of 19-year-old “Craigslist killer” Miranda Barbour’s shocking confession—that she murdered at least 22 people as a member of a satanic cult—authorities and her family are questioning the veracity of her claims. But a friend of Barbour’s believes her, telling Jezebel, “She has maintained [the same] solid story for three years now.” “Alex” (who requested to remain anonymous) met Miranda three years ago in the adolescent ward of a behavioral health facility, where the teens were each seeking treatment for their issues. “I would imagine that [Miranda] was admitted for self-harm, depression, and suicidal tendencies, as she suffered from all of those,” said Alex. Miranda’s father, Sonny Dean, confirmed in an interview this week that his daughter had spent most of her life in and out of treatment facilities. “Growing up, she struggled with drugs and had behavioral issues,” he said, adding that she’s a longtime heroin addict. He also said that his daughter—who is currently in jail on another crime and awaiting trial, along with her husband, Elytte Barbour, for the November 2013 slaying of 42-year-old Troy LaFerrara—is lying about being a serial killer. Sonny is not the only one who doubts his daughter’s story. While the… Read full this story
- Real-life FBI Mindhunter reveals killer chats from INSIDE the interview room
- Closings Made In Trial Of 1987 San Diego Rape Murder
- Mother of nurse raped and murdered in her own home tells of the terrifying moment her daughter's killer tried to strangle her with a vacuum hose
- 'Husband's friends raped me while he laughed so I shot him in head and buried him in garden'
- The worst serial killer you've never heard of who raped and murdered 23 men
- Trophies of a serial killer: New photographs from inside Ivan Milat's house as Australia's most notorious murderer marks 20 years in prison
- Milly Dowler killer Levi Bellfield 'was part of child sex gang that used raping room'
- The Claremont serial killer investigation and the wrong men caught up in a massive murder probe
- The case Claremont serial killer trial prosecutors plan to launch against Bradley Edwards
- Real ‘Mindhunter’ John Douglas says he believes serial killer Todd Kohlhepp murdered more victims in doc
Satan, Rape and Murder: The Life of Miranda Barbour, Craigslist Killer have 360 words, post on jezebel.com at February 21, 2014. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.