The New England Patriots have never welcomed the HBO cameras from “Hard Knocks” inside their training camp, but an unprecedented look at coach Bill Belichick’s inner workings may be coming due to evidence collected during the Aaron Hernandez murder investigation.
Bristol County prosecutors in the Odin Lloyd homicide case turned over 33 pages of text messages between Belichick and Hernandez from February 2013 to May 2013, the four months leading up to Lloyd’s June 17 shooting, to defense attorneys Monday. Belichick and team owner Bob Kraft were also interviewed by Massachusetts State Police two months after the murder. The Patriots released Hernandez after he was arrested and arraigned on first-degree murder charges the morning of June 26, 2013.
The court’s filings do not provide content of the messages or the interviews.
Patriots director of player personnel Nicholas Caserio, director of football Berj Najarian, and strength coach Moses Cabrera were also interviewed by police.
Hernandez faces charges related to a double homicide one year earlier in July 2012, as well. That shooting took place in Boston’s Theatre District and Hernandez played the following season for the Patriots.
The documents released Monday also note a four-page state police report on “Gillette Stadium” dated Jan. 14, 2014, and a Jan. 30 search warrant for a locker at the stadium.
- Deflategate: Patriots probably deflated footballs, NFL finds
- One meth plot, five men, two murders
- Furious Johnny Depp tore off Amber Heard's nightgown, pinned her to a ping pong table and grabbed her breasts during late night bust-up, High Court libel battle hears
- Hollywood actor Johnny Depp vowed to destroy Amber Heard following the breakdown of their marriage, High Court hears as judge postpones libel battle due to coronavirus
- Johnny Depp's libel case against the Sun adjourned
- How neo-Nazi group National Action targeted young people
- EXCLUSIVE: Amber Heard is seen smirking, rolling her eyes and nibbling on cookies as she's forced to listen to herself admitting on tape that she 'clocked' Johnny Depp in the face
- Terry Nichols Fast Facts
- Me too! Ronan Farrow claims National Enquirer's parent company AMI sent him and other journalists 'blackmail' emails to kill stories - as Jeff Bezos naked selfie extortion row with tabloid boils over
- FMIA: Annual NFL Training Camp Tour Begins—And It’s Already In Jeopardy
- FMIA Week 15: Mike McCarthy Gets Creative To Prepare For His Next Shot
- ‘The World’s Biggest Terrorist Has a Pikachu Bedspread’
- Everything That’s Happened in the Sony Leak Scandal
- Rape at Rosie’s
- Taylor Swift shares cute snap of cat self-quarantining and Ashley Graham strolls with newborn while promoting social distance as they lead stars posting updates amid COVID-19 spread
- Of people and viruses
33 pages of text messages between Aaron Hernandez and Bill Belichick part of evidence in ex-Patriot’s murder trial have 429 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at July 15, 2014. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.