As many as 100 Austrian residents are currently believed to have joined a jihad, by participating in fighting with Islamic terrorist groups in Syria and Iraq. A third of Islamic State (IS) fighters in Syria and Iraq is from Europe. According to the Austrian Federal Office against Terrorism and for Protection of the Constitution (BVT) there are at least two dozen Austrians among them, the news daily Kurier reports. The IS headquarters is situated in the town of Ar-Raqqa in northern Syria. According to local inhabitants, all hotels and guest houses are occupied by foreign fighters, among them approximately 50 fighters from Austria.
- J&K Governor GC Murmu faces threat from Pakistan-backed terror groups, warn intelligence agencies
- Indian Army's 'Operation Maa' weans away 60 youth of Jammu and Kashmir from terror groups
- Al Qaeda, IS-linked terror groups planning to attack Jews, Israelis in India
- Pak terror groups use Chinese drones to airdrop 80 kg weapons in Punjab for J&K
- ISIS kids vow to ‘slaughter Westerners’ as ‘Camp Caliphate’ becomes ‘perfect incubator’ for terror group’s resurrection
- Afghan Interior Minister Declares Victory Over Daesh Terror Group in Country - Reports
- Hideout of terror group Hizbul Mujahideen's overground worker busted in Jammu and Kashmir's Kishtwar
- PoK activists condemn Pulwama terror attack at UNHRC meet; ask Pakistan to dismantle terror groups
- Greek 'Hollywood' Inspired Terror Groups Target Politicians Blamed for Austerity
- UN says more Afghan civilians killed in 2019 by Afghan, U.S. and allied forces than terror groups
Up to 100 Austrian jihadis in terror groups have 245 words, post on www.thelocal.at at August 5, 2014. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.