Real Name: Onika Tanya Maraj
Stage Name: Nicki Minaj
Born to be Wild
She was a new entrant on the scene on December 8th, 1982 (The freezing cold winds of December must have chilled this baby down to the bones…no wonder she is till this day such a tough cookie!)
She hails from Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago. As for her nurturance, it took place in the Queens District of New York. She is a one of those pretty proud Black American Princesses (BAPS) alright. And oh those slopes and curves on her body beautiful…they make the men go into paroxysms and hysterics of satyriasis.
What She Is Really Good At
Super Rap “Artista”, Independent Lyric Writer and Actress. This Choicest Chocolate Chip with Cherry on Top has all the makings of a true superstar.
A Few Facts at a Glance…
Since she had a very abusive, drug addict father, who was so violent that at one point he almost burnt the whole house down in an attempt to kill her mother, Nicki became a fighter and knew how to stand up for her rights. She used all the anger she felt at his domestic abuse, which he heaped on her mother, to later on push her even further into the fame stratosphere. She basically wanted to help out her mother in life who was a weak person and couldn’t resist her father’s violent gestures.
Nicki developed a flamboyant and histrionic personality later on in her career. She is known for her buxom and peach-bottomed figure and likes to take things to the max in her concerts and music videos. One of her songs titled “Stupid Hoe” just contains the lyrics “You a stupid hoe, you a stupid hoe, you a stupid hoe”. It provoked some mighty criticism from many corners for its crassness and downright stupidity. The sort of values such a song represents was especially the target of much of the establishment in America.
She attended LaGuardia High School for awhile. It is the same place that inspired the television series Fame. That song which goes “Fame…I’m Gonna Live Forever” got made at this school of music and arts. Nicki was into drama at the center of excellence, however the day she was supposed to give her final performance, her voice faltered. It was a tragedy indeed.
Nicki has a tattoo on her left arm. The letters are in the Chinese script and they say “God is on my Side!” Nicki truly believes that by having strong faith in yourself you could overcome the odds that are stacked up against you. She wanted to escape the horrendous and nasty conditions at home due to her horrible father’s presence and so she decided to find a way out of the conundrum. Fame was literally her ticket out of the hassles of domestic violence and poverty. To this day she thanks the Lord that she had the guts and courage to rise above her circumstances and make something for herself and her family on her own.
Pink is her favorite color, as it is for billions of girls and women on the planet. She often wears lipstick shades of this hue. Her attitude almost reminds one of the music video by Aerosmith, titled “Pink”. The lyrics go “Pink, it’s my new obsession…Pink, on the lips of a lover…Pink, it’s the love you discover.”
Nicki hates cats (like the French Emperor Napoleon was allergic to them). She prefers dogs. It’s often said that a dog is man’s best friend but in this case it is a woman’s pet object too!
She was born Onika Tanya Maraj in Trinidad and Tobago. Her domestic conditions were not very feasible for a loving and supportive atmosphere so she had to make a decision one fine day. Either she was going to get a fast car and drive far away from the situation or she was going to die that way stuck in the poverty trap. Nicki’s father, Robert, was a very rough person who was hooked on drugs badly. He beat her mother, Carol, regularly and once even set their home on fire in an attempt to get rid of her. Nicki vowed that one day she would succeed in life and that she would lend a helping hand to her mother who was stuck in a rut due to this man who was making life hell for all of them.
Nicki Minaj has African, Indian and Caribbean blood in her veins. Her mom held various bit part jobs while her father was an employee at American Express. However, like stated before, he was an alcoholic and hard core pill junkie who was a wife beater and generally obnoxious figure about the house. Nicki spent most of her time with her grandmother and occasionally visited her mother. She confesses to this day that the absence of rules made her make up the rules along the way in her life.
During her high school days, Nicki had a passion for appearing on screen and had many boyfriends. They were both her main sources of divertissement. She tried to become an actress but it was not to be. So she took up waitressing for a while. Then her career as a rapper and songwriter really took off after Lil Wayne took her under his wing. Her Pink Friday album got her going as far as a career in musicology was concerned.
Later on such songs as Super Bass, Turn Me On and Starships made her famous indeed. Her Beez in the Trap was an acclaimed number. As for the worthless “Stupid Hoe” it was probably a song that spoke against Lil Kim in a disguised manner. Critics said that the lyricist was probably herself a stupid hoe!
Some of Nicki’s other gems of sound and words include: Va Va Voom, Pound the Alarm and the unforgettable Roman Holiday. Her “Fly” duet with Rihanna is so beautiful in its tune and melody make-up that just listening to it is a highly peaceful experience in itself.
Nicki is a drama queen and has had conflicts with among others, Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez on American Idol. She recently also passed some snide remarks about Iggy Azalea that Iggy dismissed with the wave of the hand.
Besides appearing in the movie The Other Woman, she also came out with an extremely explicit album titled “Anaconda”. She looks super-hot on the cover of the CD.
Nicki is known for her blonde, pink, purple and multicolored wigs. She favors pink lipstick and also adorns herself with a number of highly Technicolor clothes.
Minaj is also known for her lively rapping style. It is positively animated and animalistic in its nature. She likes to shoot from the hip and calls a spade a spade. Nicki had to go through very many changes via her fantasy life in order to finally arrive at the fully integrated Nicki Minaj you see before you today.
Among the long list of people who have left behind an indelible impact on her may be included: Lisa Left Eye Lopes, Lil Wayne (of course), Lauryn Hill, Jadakiss, Natasha Bedingfield, Lil Kim, Missy Elliott, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Britney Spears, Marilyn Monroe, Cyndi Lauper and Grace Jones. Besides these, Jay Z and Jada Pinkett Smith are other influences. Finally, Kanye West and Drake have added their two pints to her steadily flowing stream of creativity.
Nicki has gone ahead and endorsed various products such as Barbie Dolls and MAC Cosmetics. She is worth $29 million as of now and is enjoying each and every cent of that hard-earned money.
- Pink Friday
- We Are Young Money
- Rich Gang
- Playtime is Over
- Sucka Free
- Beam Me Up Scotty
- Massive Attack
- Check It Out
- Moment 4 Life
- Super Bass
- Beez in the Trap
- Pound the Alarm
- Va Va Voom
- The Boys
- High School
- Pills n Potions
- Bang Bang
- Turn Me On
- Girl on Fire
- Beauty and a Beat
- Twerk It
- Stupid Hoe
- Marilyn Monroe
- Roman Holiday
- Ice Age: Continental Drift
- The Other Woman
List of Awards Nicki Minaj Won…
- 4 American Music Awards
- 8 BET Awards
- 6 BET Hip-Hop Awards
- 4 Billboard Music Awards
- 2 Billboard’s Mid-Year Music Awards
- 14 BMI Urban Awards
- 1 Cosmopolitan Beauty Award
- 1 Marie Claire’s Prix Da Parfum Award
- 1 MOBO Award
- 2 MTV Video Music Awards
- 1 MTV O Music Award
- 1 MTV Europe Music Award
- 1 NARM Award
- 1 People’s Choice Award
- 2 Perfume Shop’s – Love Perfume? Awards
- 1 Simply Wine Festival Award
- 1 Soul Train Award
- 1 Sucker Free Award
- 4 Teen Choice Awards
- 1 UK Asian Music Award
- 1 Underground Music Award
- 1 Women in Music Award
- 1 WSWA Convention Award
- 1 Z Award
- 2 4Music Video Honours
- Nicki is not necessarily a loner. She has expressed the wish to collaborate on musical numbers with among others Enya and Phil Collins.
- She had always wanted a peaceful life without the struggle involved in it. Today she has what she always wanted. And she is enjoying it very carefully.
- Minaj does not like being defined and pigeonholed. She may be bisexual or “trisexual” for that matter as far as she is concerned. And it is none of the business of other people, be they the media pundits or her fans.
- She doesn’t profess to know or be able to do everything. You cannot be 100% efficient since you are just one very vulnerable human being.
- She always had a sense of destiny in her life. And she wanted to get away from the trap she was stuck in thanks to her father’s obnoxious personality.
- She looks up to Britney Spears as a beautiful woman who has style and everything wrapped up for her in the manner it ought to be.
And with that we shall bid Nicki Minaj Adieu!
She is the Lady who Loves Life with Lots of Lust and Loquacity!
May she Thrill our Thoughts through Thick and Thin!
She is Rap on Tap!!!
- Wisconsin officials warn of invasive pest detected in wreaths and other Christmas decorations, prompting disposal warning
- The 10 most shocking celebrity scandals of 2018
- Lil Nas X Is Gay And No. 1 And You Heaux Will Deal
- South Africa: Beans Point to Durban July Form
- Celebrities who got fit in 2018: Drew Barrymore, Missy Elliott, Blake Lively and more
- Zimbabwe: Chamisa Wants AU, SADC to Take Over the Running of Zim Elections
- Rwanda: Kwibohora24
- Nigeria: Singer Runtown Announces New Single Hours After Court Injunction
- Liberia: Capacity Building Remains Liberia's Greatest Challenge
- Zimbabwe: Agribank Splashes $1m On ICT Upgrade
- Zimbabwe: Boost for Livestock Sector . . . Shiri Officially Launches Stockfeeds Plant
- Travel Through Big Sur To Be Possible Later This Month
- Test Drive: 2017 Infiniti QX30 Sport
- Motorcycle-involved deaths have been on the rise for 22 years — especially in Southern California
- First Spin: 2016 Lexus RX 350 & RX 450h Hybrid
- Test Drive: 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
- The search for a Speedo-wearing guru
- Test Drive: 2016 Honda Civic EX
- Test Drive: 2017 Toyota Prius Prime
- Test Drive: 2018 Toyota Prius c
Nicki Minaj: A Fair Warning To Male Drivers…Dangerous Curves Ahead! have 1837 words, post on www.i4u.com at September 20, 2014. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.