If the first teaser for “Insurgent” is any indication, the follow-up to this year’s blockbuster flick “Divergent” didn’t skimp on the special effects budget.
Summit released an action-packed minute of footage from the Robert Schwentke-directed sequel that hits theaters March 20 — with the eye-poping visual of Shailene Woodley’s Tris leaping off a building in an effort to save her mother (Ashley Judd).
Considering the state of Judd’s character at the end of “Divergent,” it’s likely an elaborate dream sequence, but it was no less real for Woodley to shoot.
“‘Insurgent’ has so much more action than ‘Divergent’ did and the action scenes are, like, seven-minute long sequences,” Woodley told the Daily News last month.
The actress, who turns 23 on Saturday, managed to deftly avoid spoilers, but did describe dangling from a great height in a harness and surrounded by green screens for the scene.
“Then they compiled the shots and showed me on the screen what it would look like and I remember being like, ‘ A, technology is f—- crazy and B, it’s so fun,” she said. “I felt like Spider-Man.”
“Insurgent,” the second installment of the four-part series based on Veronica Roth’s dystopian young adult novels, also sees the return of Theo James, Ansel Elgort, Jai Courtney and Kate Winslet.
- Shailene Woodley shoots a scene with Taylor Swift's beau Joe Alwyn for their new movie The Last Letter From Your Lover
- The 49ers have had a historically great start. So why does it feel like a mirage?
- How the other half GIVE! Celebrity gift list reveals stocking fillers to make your loved one feel like a star (from Claire Foy's favourite candle to the PJs Daisy Lowe can't live without)
- Kristen Stewart kicks butt in sequins in the new trailer for Elizabeth Banks' Charlie's Angels reboot with fellow 'lady spies' Naomi Scott and Ella Ballinska
- ‘Gemini Man’ Review: Technology Killed the Movie Star
- Captain Marvel now streaming on Digital HD, Blu-ray with extras, deleted scenes
- Jessica Jones season 3 on Netflix: New trailer, photos and release date revealed
- IT'S FRIDAY FILM: Comedy star Steve Carell’s turn as a stiletto-wearing action doll in a wacky world of puppets is weird, but not so wonderful, says BRIAN VINER
- JWoww DUMPS toyboy Zack Carpinello after watching him feel up Angelina Pivarnick on latest Jersey Shore episode
- Watch every Marvel movie and TV show in the perfect order
- Disney Plus: Every show, movie and original you'll be able to stream -- and when
- Philip Pullman: Rules of writing from man behind His Dark Materials
- Top Boy: The show like nothing else on TV
- Emily Blunt and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson spice up the first official trailer for Disney's Jungle Cruise movie as they navigate the Amazon
- Gemini Man review: Double Will Smith can't save hackneyed spy flick
- Google and Facebook treating your data like property would be terrible
- BRIAN VINER: Timothy Spall and Vanessa Redgrave bring Matchstick Man L.S. Lowry and his mother to life
- Will Smith's cloning thriller veers between compelling and corny: BRIAN VINER reviews Gemini Man
- Blake Harrison ‘terrified’ shooting World On Fire battle scenes
- Jamal Adams says he's top dog; how soon before he wants top salary?
‘Insurgent’ trailer shows action scene that Shailene Woodley says made her feel ‘like Spider-Man’ have 529 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at November 12, 2014. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.