Happy birthday, Mel B! As the X Factor judge turns 40, HELLO! Online takes a look at what the stars have in store for Mel B, and you…
‘Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’. So sang Julie Andrews in Walt Disney’s version of Mary Poppins, by P. L. Travers, with music and lyrics by the Sherman Brothers. It became a hit the world over but nobody knew what it meant. Though we are all now older and wiser, we still haven’t got a clue. Perhaps it meant nothing. But if we don’t know what it meant, we can’t be sure of that. Something and nothing are too often, too easily, mistaken for each other. Be willing, this weekend, to see sense in what seems like nonsense.
Read your horoscope for today.
Mel B in 2015
Melanie Brown, better known as Mel B, came to fame in the late 1990s as one of five-piece girl group the Spice Girls.
Also made up of Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell, Melanie Chisholm and Victoria Beckham (née Adams), the Spice Girls were a global phenomenon, becoming the best-selling female group of all time and credited with bringing the term “girl power” into the mainstream.
In 2000 Mel began to release her own singles, topping the UK charts with her debut song I Want You Back, but the Spice Girls soon unofficially announced a long-term hiatus, and Scary Spice, as she was known to Spice Girls fans, went on to release four more top ten UK singles.
In 2004 Mel decided to try her hand at the stage, and made her Broadway debut in the long-running stage show Rent, but the Spice Girls remained in the public consciousness throughout the 21st century and in 2007 the girls decided to reunite for a final reunion tour.
The sold out tour originally took in 11 dates spanning North America, Europe, Asia, Oceania, Africa and South America, but after the O2 Arena gig in London sold out in 38 seconds they announced 19 more UK shows.
The band also reunited for a one-off performance at the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Summer Olympics.
In 2011 Mel tried her hand at TV and joined the Australian version of The X Factor as mentor and judge, before in 2013 joining America’s Got Talent. Her success with both shows led to months of rumours in 2014 that she would be joining Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini on the 11th series of the UK X Factor.
The rumours were true, and Mel became a full time judge, winning over the public with her honest words and warmth towards her contestants.
Mel is mother to three daughters, Phoenix, Angel, and Madison. She has been married to film producer Stephen Belafonte since 2007, but the pair’s marriage has been under the media spotlight for the last several months.
Speaking to HELLO! Online, Mel said however: “Stephen is the beginning and the end of my world. He gets me and I get him.”
- Sidharth Shukla Celebrates His Birthday With Shehnaaz Gill At Midnight; Pokes Fun At Rashami As He Turns 40
- Olivia Munn helps birthday girl Ellen DeGeneres celebrate turning 57 ...as the pair discuss becoming 'besties' on her show
- Zoe Kravitz is a happy 'birthday boy' in sweet selfies as she celebrates turning 32 with shout-outs from Reese Witherspoon and Emily Ratajkowski
- Golf: Justin Rose still hungry and raring to go after turning 40
- Alliance Francaise of Hyderabad turns 40
- Inside David Beckham’s £6m Cotswolds mansion where birthday boy and Man Utd star celebrated turning 45 in lockdown
- To celebrate Victoria Beckham's 40th birthday here are more celebs joining the club this year
- James Argent reflects on near fatal overdose as he celebrates birthday and sobriety
- Mel Gibson shares a kiss with girlfriend Rosalind Ross, 25, at Cannes Film Festival
- Ashley Roberts steps out in pretty flowery dress as she heads to dinner at La Famiglia to celebrate her 39th birthday with friends
- Celebrity Birthdays 31 March: Ewan McGregor, Jack Antonoff and Jessica Szohr
- Jamie Oliver shares gorgeous new family photo with wife Jools to celebrate happy news
- Lucy Mecklenburgh's lavish birthday with Ryan Thomas and baby Roman as she turns 29
- Phillip Schofield turns down 'dinner and drinks' date with fellow celebrity
- Wayne Bridge desperately trying to convince wife Frankie to do I'm A Celebrity
- I'm A Celebrity: 'I forgot I had them on!' Ant McPartlin mistakenly wears Declan Donnelly's glasses after ad break causing pair to burst into hysterics
- Pregnant Kate Lawler, 40, showcases her baby bump in black maternity jeans as she steps out after revealing she's expecting her first child
- Celebrities Encourage You to Vote With ‘Turn Out for What’
- 17 most extreme celebrity weight loss and gains, as Bradley Cooper piles on 40lbs for Hollywood movie
- Tom Fletcher nicks I'm A Celebrity winner Giovanna Fletcher's crown as she sleeps
Mel B celebrates turning 40 have 811 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at May 29, 2015. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.