Some people use the phrase “fighting like a girl” like it’s an insult. You don’t want to let Yorktown Heights’ Amanda Saccomanno hear you say that.The 24-year-old was selected from a pool of more than 11,000 male and female applicants to appear as one of 13 contestants on “WWE Tough Enough,” a reality show in which competitors battle for the chance to be the next professional wrestling celebrity.”I didn’t grow up dreaming of being the next WWE superstar, to be honest,” Saccomanno says. “But I think that it doesn’t matter how old you are. When you see something you like, you want to pursue it.”Saccomanno may not have always been interested in wrestling, but that certainly doesn’t mean she wasn’t drawn to sports.”Growing up I played basketball, lacrosse, softball and I also danced my whole life,” Saccomano says, adding that having three older brothers helped instill in her a competitive drive and a love for athleticism.”They made me the strong and powerful woman I am today.”When she hit high school, Saccomanno gave up most sports, electing to focus her time and energy into dancing, and performing with a dance company throughout her entire high school career.But even when she wasn’t… Read full this story
- 'You get so upset': The Block 2019 winners Tess and Luke Struber say their time on the show had been tough... after hitting out at producers who portrayed them as 'lazy'
- Amanda Holden confirms when she'll return to Heart FM after horrific leg injury
- Amanda Holden shows some serious cleavage on boozy girls' night out
- WWE Looking to Expand Into More Reality Television
- Amanda Holden sizzles in scarlet as she joins chic Alesha Dixon at Britain’s Got Talent auditions in Manchester
- How Amanda Holden broke her leg in two places and ended up hospitalised on holiday
- Amanda Seyfried sports knee brace as treats herself to ice cream cone during family outing with daughter Nina
- WWE Superstars the Miz and Maryse Deliver Baby Gender Reveal in Explosive Fashion
- Simon Cowell shares reason for launching rival X Factor show ahead of Little Mix
- EXCLUSIVE: 'She's acting deeply selfish': Live crew turn on Kelly Ripa and praise Michael Strahan as she emerges SMILING in first appearance while carrying 'David and Goliath' book about 'battling giants'
Amanda Saccomanno shows the WWE she's 'Tough Enough' have 379 words, post on www.usatoday.com at July 2, 2015. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.