While Tesla has spent the last several years fighting for the right to sell its cars directly to consumers, it appears the automaker is considering a change in tactic, apparently applying to sell cars in Michigan through a traditional franchise dealership.Detroit News reports that Tesla originally submitted applications in November, filing follow-up paperwork in the last few weeks. Fred Woodham, a spokesperson for the Michigan Secretary of State wouldn’t say what the follow-up information was, but he did say a decision should be made within a month or two.If Tesla’s application is accepted, it would finally be able to begin selling and repairing cars in the state of Michigan, something that is currently illegal under the state’s laws.The electric car manufacturer has had to fight hard to receive the right to sell its cars in many other states, but Michigan has been one of the most hostile towards allowing a direct sales model, even going so far as to rewrite its dealership laws to make sure Tesla couldn’t sell its cars in the state.While it would appear to most consumers that states forcing automakers to sell their cars exclusively through dealerships is anti-competitive, dealer cartels have plenty of money to put lawmakers in their pockets. The bill Michigan Governor Rick Snyder… Read full this story
- Smaller car for mum; trading down; exec 7-seater; PCP due; our Rio dilemma
- Spice dealers are using kids as young as ELEVEN to peddle Zombie drug by luring them with Nike trainers
- DeLorean production poised to restart with 5,000 on waiting list for Back to the Future car
- Jaguar: A history of one of the few Coventry car makers that's still going
- Car's one in a million for Kia
- Ex loan company salesman lifts lid on 'exploitative tactics used to target poor'
- Why the traditional Haynes Manual is here to stay – even in a throwaway digital world
- The Irish running rivalry fuelled by hate: 'I needed that f****** resentment and bitterness. I love it. I get off on it'
- Local motor dealer Blackshaws celebrates centenary
- Blackshaws celebrates centenary
Changing Tactics, Tesla May Use Franchise Dealerships to Sell Cars in Michigan have 341 words, post on blog.caranddriver.com at February 2, 2016. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.