- A report from As You Sow says some chocolate has more lead than California considers safe
- Chocolate makers say it’s trace amounts and naturally occurring
- California’s standards are more strict than those set by the U.S. Food and Drug and Administration
(CNN)It’s not something that will be listed among the ingredients, but chocolate contains some lead. Manufacturers say it’s trace amounts, and it makes its way into chocolate as a naturally occurring element that is absorbed by the cacao plant.
California laws are more strict
Chocolate makers respond
Power of the people
CNN’s Adrian Rabin contributed to this report.
- Brazen drug dealers use Instagram to flog chocolate bars and cakes that look like children's treats but are actually laced with cannabis
- Diabetic who felt self-conscious about her size 14 figure after secretly eating 20 chocolate bars a day reveals she was left hours from death after stopping her insulin jabs to lose weight
- On getting fat-shamed
- Ivory Coast election violence leaves a 'dozen dead'
- Ivory Coast heads into crisis as opposition calls for election boycott
- Fatigue Before A Period: Causes And Tips To Fight It
- The best gaming Easter eggs of all time
- Hilary Duff looks cozy in a cable knit sweater dress as she steps out in New York City after relocating to film the final season of Younger
- Aldi launches range of Christmas sandwiches including Turkey Feast Sandwich
- ‘Don’t shy away from eating halwa/sheera this season,’ posts Rujuta Diwekar
- Jersey’s ideal for kids with its easy atmosphere, zoo & castles galore
- Will President Trump’s Physical Show That He’s Obese?
- 'Hawaii, Bristol, it's just as fun': world's top adaptive surfers take to The Wave
- Ivory Coast's Simone Gbagbo: 'France ejected Gbagbo from power'
- Ivory Coast under international pressure to safeguard peace
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 3 (updated hourly)
- The best pub beer gardens to enjoy your final pint in before lockdown – is your favourite among them?
- Convenience, virus fear accelerate online sales, despite lockdown ending
- Starburst Is the Top Halloween Candy in These States
- Why did Travis Scott delete his Instagram?
Is there lead in your chocolate? have 1628 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 25, 2016. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.