Last Friday, a new video surfaced from the Fast and Furious 8 set in Cleveland, which teased an epic and fiery stunt where a number of cars were dropped out of a parking garage . That video was taken from a building across the street from the action, although we don’t know how this scene fits into the story. In keeping with their new #FastFridays tradition, Universal has released a new behind-the-scenes video that sheds light on this epic scene.
While it was originally believed that this was a second unit scene, this video from YouTube shows that director F. Gary Gray was on hand to oversee the action. This Fast Fridays video also features second unit stunt coordinator Andy Gill , who reveals that the production has been calling this the “zombie car” sequence. Special effects supervisor J.D. Schwalm also reveals that each one of these seven cars is actually aiming for a particular vehicle on the street below.
Second unit stunt coordinator Jack Gill also teases that there will be between 35 to 40 cars involved in this massive pileup, once all the cars are dropped from the garage. We also hear briefly from star Vin Diesel , who teases this sequence will feature action unlike anything fans have ever seen before. We also get to see these cars dropped from multiple angles, although, unfortunately, we still don’t know much about where in the movie this scene takes place.
The story will primarily take place in New York, with production set for the Big Apple, Atlanta and Russia. The crew has already shot in Cuba and now in Iceland. It is believed that the Cuba scenes will introduce fans to Dominic Torreto’s Cuban family. It isn’t known how long principal photography is scheduled to last on Fast & Furious 8 , but we know this will be the first installment of the franchise’s final trilogy. Universal has already set an April 19, 2019 release date for Fast & Furious 9 , and the franchise closes out with Fast & Furious 10 on April 2, 2021.
F. Gary Gray , who directed last year’s critical and commercial sensation Straight Outta Compton , is taking the helm on Furious 8 , working from a script by Chris Morgan . The writer is responsible for penning every movie in the series, except for the first two, 2001’s The Fast and the Furious and 2003’s 2 Fast 2 Furious . Universal has already set an April 14, 2017 release date for Fast & Furious 8 , and it currently has that date all to itself. But it will be hitting theaters one week after Warner Bros.’ Going In Style remake and Sony’s Smurfs: The Lost Village . Take a look at this new behind-the-scenes video from the Fast & Furious 8 set in Cleveland, and stay tuned for more on this sequel.
- The best Fast & Furious charted a path for the series—and got The Rock
- All the cast changes in "Fast & Furious 9"
- Paul Walker’s Famous Acid Orange Supra From Fast & Furious Put Up For Auction
- Fast & Furious 8 On-set Video Reveals Incredible Icy Stunt Action
- Another Video Shows A Driver Abusing Tesla Autopilot On Public Roads
- Bodycam Video Shows Moments Before NYPD Lieutenant Was Shot In Ankle Apprehending Suspect In The Bronx
- Dramatic video shows car chase ending in police shooting in Hong Kong
- Video Shows Detroit Police SUV Plowing Through Group of Protesters
- NFL's Zaven Collins Begged Cops To Not Arrest Him During Speeding Stop, Police Video Shows
- BMW ranked as most popular luxury car make on TikTok with more than 22 billion views
- Stunt driver Terry Grant admits Jaguar Guinness World Record attempt was 'kind of scary'
- ‘Significant barrier’: Upfront cost of electric cars putting drivers off from switching
- Car shows set to return with a bang after ‘rollercoaster ride’ 18 months
- F9, The Suicide Squad, Bhuj: The Pride of India, and More: August Guide to Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, and Prime Video
- ‘Carfluencer’ makes £2.2m a year reviewing super cars for fans who flock to see her posing in Ferraris and Aston Martins
- Car lover furious after garage staff take his luxury sports car out for a joyride
- All the TV shows and movies coming to streaming services in August 2021
- Sacred Games, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, and More on Netflix in July 2018
- Amazon Pushes Fast Shipping but Avoids Responsibility for the Human Cost
- 9 Best car polish you can buy in 2021 including Meguiar’s and Halfords
Fast and Furious 8 Video Shows Off Craziest Car Stunt Yet have 732 words, post on movieweb.com at June 10, 2016. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.