Rattan Kapur, the president of the Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA) and CMD of Mark Exhaust Systems on plans to enable Tier 2 and 3 vendors to upgrade their skills and technologies, why Indian industry needs to develop its own IP and build scale, and how engaging with global institutes can sharpen the focus on R&D. An interview by Shobha Mathur. You have taken over the reins of ACMA at a time when new regulations on safety are around the corner in India. Vehicle manufacturers are also working on meeting upcoming BS VI emission norms and a cash crunch has put a spanner on automotive sales right now. Against this backdrop, what are your immediate priorities? This year we have adopted ‘Make Quality and Innovation in India’ as our theme. Our endeavour is to strengthen our capabilities in new product development, improve quality standards, evolve our technology for meeting the changing emission and safety standards, upgrade people skills to support domestic and global expansion of OEMs, and embrace digital technology in manufacturing to transform productivity, thus enabling our industry and India to become an attractive destination for investments. Our priorities for the future would be to focus on… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: What is Germany's Robert Koch Institute?
- Tech Mahindra R&D unit leverages AI for research on potential therapeutic drugs for COVID-19
- Samsung has reportedly sold 2,30,000 units of Galaxy Z Flip globally
- Colombia's coronavirus app troubles show rocky path without tech from Apple, Google
- Microsoft is dedicating significant tech resources to COVID-19 first responder organizations
- Amazon, Netflix and Facebook Market Cap Has Surged by Over 20 Percent as Big Tech Thrives in Pandemic Crisis
- Dhruva Space was the only India space-tech firm presenting at Interplanetary Small Satellite Conference 2020
- Tap or scan: This startup wants to make your bus ride safe with contactless ticketing
- Intel challenges tech industry to create "Global Inclusion Index" to measure diversity
- How 39 million Europeans kept their jobs after the work dried up
'We're working with many globally renowned institutes to tap lightweighting tech.' have 323 words, post on www.autocarpro.in at January 12, 2017. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.