Never been a big combine fan. I’ve always felt it (in part) bastardizes the draft class by getting fans and some scouts and coaches all heated up when some average college player runs fast and jumps high in Indianapolis, and pushes that so-so player up the draft board. Gratuitously.Stephen Hill. 2012. Georgia Tech receiver. Caught 49 passes in his college career. Big guy: 6-4, 215. Ran a 4.30 and 4.31 in the 40-yard dash at Indy. Much frothing over Hill around Lucas Oil Stadium. Jets traded second-, fifth- and seventh-round picks to move up to take Hill in the second round. Hill caught 45 NFL passes, total. Out of football now.But it is the start of the draft season, and I do have an inordinate amount of respect for Mike Mayock, who cares so much about his craft and he is not afraid to admit when he errs — as he did publicly and with much hand-wringing about thinking Johnny Manziel had turned his life around three years ago.So when he says this from his Pennsylvania bunker, taking a break Friday from watching five game tapes of every prospect of import, I listen:“This is as good and as deep a class… Read full this story
- Cowboys offseason tracker 2020: Free agency scorecard, NFL Draft rumors, key dates, latest updates and more
- NFL Draft 2020: Former first-round picks talk about the evolution of the process
- K'Lavon Chaisson's NFL Draft buzz post combine
- Coronavirus update: NFL cancels annual league meeting due to global pandemic
- 2020 NFL free agency: Cowboys' Amari Cooper says 'it'd be great' to play with Dez Bryant, praises his ability
- Alabama's Raekwon Davis a projected 3rd-round pick, expert says
- NFL mentors give back to game but also get a lot out of it
- Titans' Mike Vrabel explains FaceTime chat with Tom Brady: 'He's a QB with an expiring contract'
- 2020 NFL free agency: LeSean McCoy reportedly not expected to return to Chiefs, Eagles possible suitor
- FMIA: Monumental Player Vote Set to Determine Next Decade of the NFL
MMQB: NFL Draft expert Mike Mayock dishes on a very unusual set of prospects have 325 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 26, 2017. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.