The members of Halocene have been “rockifying” pop songs, as they call it, for at least four years now, uploading the finished products on their YouTube channel at an average of one clip a week to satisfy the more than 57,000 fans who now subscribe to the channel.That made the Avondale rockers a natural fit for “Best.Cover.Ever,” a YouTube music competition that premiered in late November and features Halocene as finalists, thanks to their spirited cover of Flo Rida’s “My House.”As lead singer Addie Nicole Amick says, “It’s a super-fun song and it was really easy to turn into a rock song.”They entered their take on the song in the contest and didn’t think anything of it, Amick says. Until they heard from YouTube.”I mean, we make covers every week so why would this be anything special?,” she says, with a laugh. ” The next thing you know, we’re being flown out to L.A. and performing in front of Flo Rida and Ludacris, who’s the host for the show. The whole crazy ride has just been absolutely insane.”The series is executive produced by Ryan Seacrest, with Demi Lovato, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Jason Derulo, Charlie Puth, Backstreet Boys, Flo Rida, Nicky… Read full this story
- The most disturbing talking animals in film – ranked!
- The 100 best songs of 2016
- The 50 best albums of 2016
- Corey Feldman Talks New Album, Sex Cults & 80s Movies | EXCLUSIVE
- Could ‘Parasite’ Make Best Picture History? Bong Joon Ho and Song Kang Ho On The Hit Movie Shattering Every Expectation
- Meet Finneas, the brother of Billie Eilish
- The strange world of impeachment rock
- Cybersecurity is heading into a recruitment crisis: Here's how we fix the problem
- 'Even as a child, I felt like an alien'
- Sheryl Crow shares the stories and secrets behind her final full-length album,
Avondale rockers Halocene talk about meeting Flo Rida in YouTube show 'Best.Cover.Ever' have 303 words, post on www.azcentral.com at July 2, 2017. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.