Despite beaming alongside his father as they left home, Britain’s future king was noticeably nervous as he arrived for his first day at his £20,000-a-year school. Prince George looked smart with his blond hair neatly combed to the side for the start of term. But boys will be boys – even princes – and there was no hiding the start of a shiner and two small cuts under his right eye. Kate, 35, had hoped to join William on the school run but is suffering from severe morning sickness and was too ill to attend. Speaking at a Kensington Palace reception for the England Under-20 football team he said George had a ‘good day’ at his ‘nice school’, Thomas’s Battersea, in south west London. When asked by England U20 head coach Paul Simpson if he’d had a ‘nice school day’, the Duke replied: ‘Stressful day. Doing a school run. It was really nice actually. It went well. ‘There was one other parent who had more of an issue with their children – so I was quite pleased I wasn’t the one.’ George’s new private school has insisted the future king will get ‘no special treatment’ and he spent his first day… Read full this story
- NTAs 2019: Michelle Keegan looks a little worse for wear as she leads the bleary-eyed exits from the awards show after-party alongside Holly Willoughby
- A year of high drama at home and abroad for Trump
- Happy birthday, Sir! Royal Family shares touching tributes to Prince Philip as he turns 98 - including a dashing portrait and a picture with young Charles in 1951
- 'I feel invisible': Native students languish in public schools
- New hints suggest Mueller’s probe could be in home stretch
- A Father's Mission: Victim's dad demands to know why 4 child murders remain unsolved after 40 years
- He couldn't afford a $250 mental health evaluation. Could it have prevented a triple murder?
- These lawyers battle in the boxing ring as well as the courtroom
- Texas leaders denounce Tarrant GOP effort to remove Muslim from Republican post
- Chemerinsky, Stras & Turk on Kagan's Nomination (Podcast)
Happy at home, anxious at school: How George went from relaxed to a bag of nerves (and there was no hiding the bruise under his eye) have 340 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 7, 2017. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.