File photo from November 13, 2016 shows a man lighting a candle at a makeshift memorial near the Bataclan concert hall in Paris as France marked the first anniversary of the Paris attacks. Photo: JOEL Two years after the terror attacks on Paris nightspots that left 130 people dead, seven people are in custody in France while key figures remain at large and may be dead. Among the 10 jihadists who wreaked havoc on the French capital on November 13, 2015, the only survivor is Salah Abdeslam, who is refusing to talk to investigators. The probe into the Paris bloodbath, which was planned in Belgium, overlaps considerably with an investigation into attacks on the Brussels airport and metro four months later that claimed 32 lives. Key witness silent Abdeslam’s capture in Belgium and transfer to France in April 2016 has not been the boon investigators had hoped for, since the 28-year-old petty criminal-turned-jihadist has refused to cooperate with the investigation. Against all expectations however, he has said he wants to appear at a trial in Brussels to face charges of attempted murder of police officers during his arrest in the Belgian capital, but there too he… Read full this story
- German Police Detain Syrian National Suspected of Plotting Terrorist Attack
- French Lawmakers Discussing Bill to Address 'Islamist Takeover Bid'
- Executive orders – Biden slammed for ‘far-left’ moves to block Keystone XL pipeline and end deportations
- Joe Biden must tell hate preacher Abu Hamza to abandon hope of return to Britain
- Biden Uses Climate Change to Distract Public From Probes, Vote Fraud Claims, Ex-US Army Analyst Says
- Brexit deal is DONE: Boris Johnson SEALS historic Brexit deal with EU as UK claims to have won TWICE as many concessions as Brussels and von der Leyen laments 'parting is such sweet sorrow'
- Great-Grandson Of Winston Churchill: ‘We Are In 1938 Again’
- Scrambling to save tens of thousands of lives
- The Tragedy of Britney Spears
- The Hypocrisy of the West's Alliance With Saudi Arabia
Paris terror attacks, two years on: What we know have 314 words, post on www.thelocal.fr at November 12, 2017. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.