BALTIMORE, MD — Police said the suspect who stole a Mazda 6 from the Essex area with a 6-month-old baby in the back of the car has been taken into custody. After 1 p.m. on Monday, Baltimore County police reported that the vehicle and baby had been recovered safely.
The victim had gone into 7-Eleven and her acquaintance allegedly stole the car with the infant in the back. It had last been seen going into Baltimore City around 10:35 a.m., officials reported.
Officers from the southern precinct in Baltimore City spotted the vehicle in the 300 block of South Payson Street and conducted a traffic stop, officials said. The baby was in good condition, according to police.
Previous report — A vehicle with a 6-month-old baby in the back was stolen Monday morning, and authorities are asking for help finding the car. The black Mazda 6 was taken in Essex and reportedly seen driving into Baltimore City.
The victim said that an acquaintance who had been a passenger in the vehicle stole the car when she left it running to go into 7-Eleven in the 800 block of Eastern Boulevard, police reported.
The vehicle, a black Mazda 6 with tags that say “88730CC,” was last seen headed toward Baltimore City at 10:35 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
- Stolen Cars, Aggravated Assault: Frankfort Police Blotter
- Two Stolen Cars Recovered After Frankfort Burglary: Cops
- Stolen Car From Upper Darby Used In NJ Robbery Attempt
- Bodycam video appears to show Baltimore police officer planting evidence in drug bust, public defender says
- Dramatic moment officers arrest five teenagers who 'tried to flee from a stolen car after leading police on a wild chase'
- Man spots his stolen car being driven through New Jersey then cuts the driver off before viciously beating him in the street
- Baltimore police identify suspect shot, killed by officers
- 2 Baltimore police officers shoot, kill robbery suspect
- Father falsely reported daughter was missing hoping his stolen car would be found faster, police say
- Thieves Post Photos of Stolen Cars to Instagram, Go to Prison
- 2 teens arrested after fleeing from police in stolen car
- Vacay horror: HSR house broken into; car, gold stolen
- Man Charged After Stealing Car From Frankfort Gas Station: Cops
- Man Suspected Of Selling Stolen Tacoma Guns Arrested In Covington
- Guns Found In Man's Car, Claims To Be Retired Police Chief: Cops
- Hit-And-Run; SWAT Standoff: Ramona, San Diego County Police Log
- Hit-And-Run; SWAT Standoff: Poway, San Diego County Police Log
- Hit-And-Run; SWAT Standoff: Carlsbad, San Diego County Police Log
- Hit-And-Run; SWAT Standoff: Santee, San Diego County Police Log
- Hit-And-Run; SWAT Standoff: Imperial Beach, SD County Police Log
Stolen Car, Baby Recovered By Baltimore Police have 418 words, post on patch.com at December 18, 2017. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.