Barcelona plan was to involve the use of Kalashnikov rifles and bombs in multiple crowded spaces 0SHARES Share Tweet Email A man in a wheelchair pays tribute to the victims of the November 13 terror attacks at a makeshift memorial near the Bataclan concert hall in Paris on December 10, 2015. PHOTO: AFP/FILE MADRID: The Islamic State group planned a Paris-style attack on crowded areas in Barcelona weeks before its November 2015 rampage in the French capital, according to a report published in a US magazine. An IS network had planned to attack crowded public places in Spain’s second city in September 2015 but was disrupted by the arrest of the operative at the centre of it, Moroccan national Abdeljalil Ait el-Kaid, according to the report published in CTC Sentinel, a US-based publication that researches militant affairs. “Investigators have learned the disrupted plot to strike Barcelona was meant to be similar to the one later executed in Paris and was meant to also involve operatives from France and Belgium with whom el-Kaid was meant to link up with,” it said. Jordan says it arrests 17 in foiled Islamic State attack plot: state media “As with the Paris attacks, the Barcelona plan… Read full this story
- Schmidt: Private Sector Key to Stopping Google-style Attacks
- Dembele is certain to stay at Barcelona – agent
- Bartomeu vows to renovate Barcelona squad
- What happens next for Neymar, PSG and Barcelona?
- Barcelona Transfer News: Club unhappy with Neymar transfer saga
- Rumour Has It: PSG reject Barcelona's latest offer for Neymar
- Barcelona VP Jordi Cardoner Rules out Neymar Transfer from PSG
- Busquets backs Dembele to find groove at Barcelona
- Is it time for a midfield revolution at Barcelona?
- Rafinha: 'I Hope Neymar Comes Back' to Barcelona
Da'ish planned Paris-style attack for Barcelona: report have 283 words, post on tribune.com.pk at January 26, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.