The Wadhwani brothers launched the world’s first nonprofit AI institute to improve lives of poor farmers 0SHARES Share Tweet Email Artificial intelligence could be deployed by dictators, criminals and terrorists to manipulate elections and use drones in terrorist attacks, more than two dozen experts said on Wednesday, 21 February 2018. PHOTO: AFP As debate swirls on whether artificial intelligence will be a boon or a curse for humanity, two Indian-American entrepreneur brothers are out to ensure the emerging technologies don’t just benefit the richest in society. Romesh and Sunil Wadhwani this week launched what is billed as the world’s first nonprofit institute dedicated to putting AI to work improving lives of poor farmers, rural health care workers or teachers in communities with scant resources. “AI will go where AI will go; it is difficult to predict where” Sunil Wadhwani said of the conflicting views on the emergence of computers more brilliant than their human creators. Artificial intelligence could be deployed by dictators, criminals and terrorists, warn experts “Our focus is how many tens of millions of lives can we improve in the next five or 10 years. Where AI goes in 100 years, it will go.” The entrepreneur brothers, who… Read full this story
- Harnessing artificial intelligence at the workplace
- Kenya exploring use of artificial intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence calling voice will identify itself to humans: Google
- The Importance of Mindfulness and spirituality in the age of Artificial Intelligence
- Dell makes artificial intelligence and machine learning real
- Who's afraid of artificial intelligence? It could solve many of our nation's most difficult issues
- Can artificial intelligence save journalism?
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence
- Will Artificial Intelligence (AI) Replace Real Estate Agents?
- Editorial: More companies need to temper their Artificial Intelligence with authentic ethi...
Brothers look to harness artificial intelligence for greater good have 290 words, post on tribune.com.pk at February 25, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.