Two days after a 24-year-old was shot to death in Channelview, authorities are still on the hunt for a 13-year-old boy suspected in the slaying.
The teen initially fled into a large wooded area after the Friday evening shooting in the 1100 block of Bayou Drive, according to the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.
The gunfire broke out around 7 p.m., not long after David Jimenez arrived at the home to pick up his young son for visitation.
Jimenez and his son’s stepfather started arguing and, during the altercation, the stepfather’s 13-year-old brother grabbed a pistol and allegedly shot Jimenez.
The boy fled on foot and the wounded man was driven to a gas station down the road, where he died.
Afterward, sheriff’s deputies spent hours scouring a nearby wooded area for the teen, using canine units and a helicopter. Eventually, authorities called off the search.
“We don’t know where he is,” spokesman Jason Spencer said Sunday morning. “There’s not an active search, but we’re talking to his family and attempting to locate him.”
He has not yet been charged in connection with the case.
- Jobs For 13 Year Olds - High Paying Teenage Employment
- Jobs For 13 Year Olds - Start Working Immediately
- Jobs For 13 Year Olds - Jobs For Young Teenagers, No Interview
- Condoms For Your 13 Year Old
- Jobs For 15 Year Olds - The Only Things You Need Are Free Time and Internet
- Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney: Frantic Search After 3-Year-Old Is Kidnapped at a Birthday Party
- Top 10 Christmas Gifts For Boys and Girls 12, 13, 14 & 15 Years Old - Get the Best Xmas Presents Now
- Police release sketch of man believed to be a 'possible witness' in disappearance of five-year-old Dulce Alavez as the reward for information about little girl's whereabouts raises to $52,000
- Awesome Jobs For 16 Year Olds - Doing Internet Surveys
- Spring Gifts For Six Year Olds
- 2 Year Olds and Sleep - What is the Best Advice?
- DNA testing could exonerate man 13 years after he was executed for rape, murder
- Panic Attacks On 5 Year Olds - Get To Know What To Do! Don't Neglect!
- Baltimore road-rage shooting of 2-year-old boy slammed by police as 'cowardly'; 1 arrested
- A Trading Psychology Lesson From a Nine Year Old
- Work From Home Success - Lessons of a 4-Year-Old
- Training Wheels and Training Dad - How Our Four-Year-Old Taught Me to Let Go
- Interested in Jobs For 14 Year Olds? - Apply Online Today!
- The Unbearable Lightness of the Thirty-Year Old Mulberry Field
- What Can a 106 Year Old Woman Teach You?
13-year-old suspected in Channelview slaying still on the run have 405 words, post on www.chron.com at April 8, 2018. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.