“Avengers: Infinity War,” which opens Friday, received mostly positive reviews from critics, with an 85 percent “Fresh” rating on Rotten Tomatoes. But top critics from publications like the New York Times and the Los Angeles Times were less than impressed. One thing critics agreed on: Fans should not expect a satisfying ending to the film, since it’s the first installment of a two-part sequel to the previous “Avengers” films. Critics also said they weren’t going to offer spoilers about who dies, because they’re scared of “Avengers” fans. Chris Nashawaty of Entertainment Weekly said in his review, “And no, I won’t be offering any spoilers because, frankly, y’all scare me.” Richard Roeper of the Chicago Sun-Times gave a positive review with a disclaimer, saying, “‘Infinity War’ might be the biggest and most ambitious Marvel movie yet, but it’s certainly not the best. (I’d put it somewhere in the bottom half of the Top 10.) However, there’s plenty of action, humor and heart — and some genuinely effective dramatic moments in which familiar and beloved characters experience real, seemingly irreversible losses.” David Betancourt of the Washington Post had high praise for the film, saying that it’s unique not just because it unites… Read full this story
- Avengers: Infinity War was even more ‘groundbreaking’ than we realized
- What Happened to Shuri? Letitia Wright's Character Secretly Died in Infinity War
- Looking back on ‘Avengers’ franchise before ‘Endgame’
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Posters Confirm Shuri Was Snapped But Valkyrie Survived
- Chris Evans Almost Spoils Captain America's Fate During 'Avengers: Endgame' Press Conference
- Captain Marvel measure up as the first Marvel Studios female-driven superhero flick: Review
- Gwyneth Paltrow Slated to Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe after the ‘Avengers: Endgame’
- Did Marvel edit a character out of the 'Avengers: Endgame' Super Bowl trailer?
- Movie review: ‘Captain Marvel’ introduces first female lead just in time for new Avengers era
- New 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer Released; Tickets On Sale Now
"Avengers: Infinity War" receives mostly positive, but also tepid reviews have 317 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at April 27, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.