George W Bush has led tributes to his mother, former First Lady Barbara Bush, who has died aged 92 two days after she made the decision to stop medical treatment. ‘My dear mother has passed on at age 92. Laura, Barbara, Jenna, and I are sad, but our souls are settled because we know hers was,’ the 43rd US president George W Bush said in a joint family statement on Tuesday. ‘Barbara Bush was a fabulous First Lady and a woman unlike any other who brought levity, love, and literacy to millions.’ Bush held the hand of her husband, 41st president George H.W. Bush, all day on Tuesday and had him by her side when she passed away. The couple had been married for 73 years. Scroll down for video Barbara Bush (pictured left on March 18, 2005 and right with George W Bush at Fort Hood, Texas, on April 8, 2007), died on Tuesday, according to a statement from the office of former President George H.W. Bush Bush was the wife of the 41st president, George H.W. Bush. They are pictured together in the residence they shared when he was Vice President in 1983 George W Bush, the 43rd president, remembered his… Read full this story
- Inside Barbara and George Bush's 73-Year Marriage: He Still Said ‘I Love You Barbie’ Every Night
- Barbara Bush, Former First Lady, Dies at 92
- Jenna Bush Hager Remembers Grandma Barbara Bush 2 Years After Her Death in Emotional Message
- Jeb Bush Calls George H.W. Bush the 'Greatest Human' as Obama, Trump & More Mourn His Death
- 'Irreplaceable' housekeeper on NHS hospital ward dies of coronavirus as heartbroken colleagues pay tribute to 'much loved lynchpin'
- Jenna Bush Hager Misses Her Grandfather But Is 'So Happy' He and Late Wife 'Are Back Together'
- Jeb Bush Shares Old Love Letter from George H.W. Bush to Barbara in Touching Speech at Funeral
- Former First Lady Barbara Bush Isn't Seeking Medical Treatment Despite 'Failing Health'
- See First Lady Barbara Bush in the 'Something Borrowed' Granddaughter Barbara Wore on Wedding Day
- Eight-month pregnant nurse Mary, who died of coronavirus but whose baby was saved, lost her father 'to virus' just two weeks ago
'I'm a lucky man that Barbara Bush was my mother': George W Bush leads tributes as former First Lady dies aged 92, two days after stopping medical treatment with her husband of 73 years by her side until the very end have 350 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 18, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.