President Donald Trump said he believes reporters who write about leaks should spend “a couple days in jail.”The remark was noted in newly released, partially redacted memos former FBI director James Comey wrote after his early interactions with Trump in 2017.The memos were sent to Congress on Thursday, following a request from the Republican chairmen of several House committees.The release comes the same week that Comey’s memoir, “A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership,” was released.President Donald Trump has long been known to float the idea of putting news reporters in jail for writing stories that he finds unflattering, but he made that pitch in extraordinarily specific detail during a conversation with James Comey.The former FBI director documented the interaction in several memos written in 2017. On Thursday night, 15 pages of partially redacted copies of Comey’s memos were leaked after the US Justice Department delivered them to Congress.Trump had been bristling over troubling leaks surrounding his campaign, his presidential transition and, later, his administration — which often led to news articles that he found unflattering. 129 PHOTOS A running list of all the times Trump has attacked ‘fake news’ on Twitter See Gallery A running list of all the… Read full this story
- James Comey: Don’t Impeach Trump — That Would Let Voters ‘Off the Hook’
- James Comey and Donald Trump: Former FBI director says President fired him to undermine Russia probe
- Trump: James Comey’s Leaks Were ‘So Illegal!’
- Donald Trump and James Comey: What you need to know before ex-FBI chief testifies
- James Comey says Donald Trump told him to back off Michael Flynn probe
- James Comey: Here's how the sacking of the FBI director unfolded
- Devin Nunes’ Anti-FBI Memo Names James Comey, Rod Rosenstein, and Andrew McCabe
- British actor Kingsley Ben-Adir cast as Barack Obama in CBS' upcoming James Comey miniseries
- James Comey Says 'I Kind of Hope' Trump Isn't Impeached: 'The American People Would Be Let Off the Hook'
- 20 Million TV Viewers Watch James Comey Testify Donald Trump Sacked Him Over Russia Probe
James Comey memos: Trump quipped about throwing reporters in jail have 335 words, post on www.aol.com at April 20, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.