0 View Gallery View Comments The Stanley Hotel – it’s not only for ghost hunters. Now more than ever, Estes Park’s majestic, historic and infamously haunted hotel, which inspired Stephen King’s 1980 horror novel “The Shining,” will be a playground for entertainers, musicians, comedians, inspirational speakers and their fans. That’s due to the newly completed $10 million Pavilion Amphitheater on the property’s west end. “We really want to host world-class talent,” said Reed Rowley, vice president of development for the Grand Heritage Hotel Group. “We’re looking for national main acts people can resonate with. The pavilion is up close and personal.” Two comedians will christen the new venue – “Saturday Night Live” alum Jim Breuer, with two shows Friday, and “A Prairie Home Companion” head writer and performer Tom Papa, with two shows Saturday. Related: Weekend activities in and around Colorado Springs: Earth Day and Great American Cleanup, healthy kids, National Coin Week, women’s auto basics Coming later this year are musicians David Crosby, Tommy Emmanuel, Bacon Brothers featuring Kevin Bacon and Graham Nash. The 300-seat pavilion has an 11,000-pound glass door behind the stage that can open and close, converting the indoor venue into an outdoor amphitheater in 45… Read full this story
- Disneyland Paris Marvel hotel: everything we know so far from rooms to restaurants
- Gayle Benson, partners buy New Orleans' Hyatt Regency; 1st local owners of landmark hotel
- 'SoHo Karen' lunges at black son, 14, of Grammy winning jazz musician and falsely accuses him of stealing her iPhone in NYC hotel - moments before it's handed to her by an Uber driver
- New on Disney+ Hotstar in January: ‘WandaVision’, Tiger Woods documentary, and more
- Gym classes cut, big changes to pubs and 5million people ordered to wear masks: Everything you need to know about tough new rules in Sydney - and some locals aren't happy
- Seven new Covid cases in NSW as Berejiklian announces tough new rules including MANDATORY face masks and $200 fines for not wearing one - here's what you need to know
- Bottle shops, a used car dealer and an Officeworks: All the new coronavirus-hit venues NSW residents need to be aware of - so do you need to isolate now?
- New Year Honours list 2021 in full - Lewis Hamilton, Craig David and Covid heroes
- These Hotels Are Ringing in the New Year With Covid-Safe Parties, But Who’s Booking a Stay?
- Happy New Lockdown! Just 4% of Britons say they WILL break Covid rules to celebrate with friends tonight despite government pleas to stay at home as police launch crackdown on illegal street parties and Trafalgar Square is fenced off
New pavilion at Stanley Hotel in Estes Park offers growing entertainment lineup have 428 words, post on gazette.com at April 18, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.