By Dina Mishev The Washington Post Fri., April 20, 2018 Locals have dubbed Bend “Beer Town USA” and “Beervana.” There are more than 20 craft breweries in this central Oregon high desert town of 91,000. But man cannot subsist on beer alone, even if it’s some of the best beer in the country. Whether the city’s brewers have set a high bar for quality or because Bend producers and growers benefit from the highest average number of sunny days in the state — 158, with an additional 105 days that are “mostly sunny” — restaurants here innovate and execute far above what you’d expect in a former mill town. Work up your appetite by walking along the Deschutes River, which flows through downtown, hiking a nearby volcano or mountain biking; there are hundreds of kilometres of trails in the area. Try not to stuff yourself with the samples of baked goods that are often out near the pastry case just inside the entrance of McKay Cottage even if you’re here at 9 a.m. on the weekend and there’s a 45-minute wait for a table. You’ll want the room to eat every last bite of Carlton’s Benny ($13.50), which tweaks the… Read full this story
- There's a crisis brewing among Gen X women who are unhappy, overworked and unable to sleep
- You Are Not Alone: Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office program assists seniors
- 'Manmarziyaan' scenes deletion not a big deal: Abhishek Bachchan
- Living Large: The Grandeur That Is The Laureate
- Living Large: Tower Above The Rest In Private Four Seasons Penthouse
- Alice Waters, Bay Area chefs collab for pricey Pete Buttigieg 'culinary experience'
- Promised land: Two lives — and big expectations — are woven into a Single Thread
- Odisha likely to auction Sukinda chromite and Guali iron ore mine
- Commissioner Andy Meyers to host sixth annual Fort Bend Arts Festival
- Fort Bend County officials ramping up anti-human trafficking efforts
There’s a lively culinary scene brewing in Bend, Ore. have 318 words, post on www.thestar.com at April 20, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.