LOUIS Hunter may not be a household name – but taking on the leading role in new BBC and Netflix show Troy: Fall of A City is sure to change that.
Here’s the lowdown on the star plyaing Paris – who sparks one of the most famous military conflicts in history…
Who is Louis Hunter?
Louis is a 25-year-old Australian actor who has been working professionally since 2009.
Starting his career in theatre, Louis has taken on a number of acclaimed roles including Prince Edward in War of the Roses opposite Cate Blanchett, and Mercutio in the Sydney Theatre Company’s production of Shakespeare classic, Romeo and Juliet.
He is currently living in Los Angeles after moving from his home near Sydney.
What else have they been in?
Louis got his break onto television with series Out of The Blue, before heading to the US after landing a role in CW supernatural drama, The Secret Circle.
However, the show got cancelled after only one season.
He has since been seen in a recurring role on drama series The Fosters, playing Nick Stratos.
The show follows the story of a lesbian couple and their four adopted children, and has run for five seasons.
It is due to come to its conclusion in the summer of 2018 with a three episode special.
What is Troy: Fall Of A City about?
The eight-part series will portray the epic story of a battle between mortals and gods – and the origins in which set the wheels in motion for the siege of Troy.
Louis Hunter and Bella Dayne play the lead roles of lovers Paris and Helen, whose love affair brings society to its knees.
Told from the perspective of the Trojan royal family at the heart of the siege, Troy: Fall Of A City “is a rich story of love, intrigue, betrayal and belonging”.
Creator David Farr said: “I’m delighted we’ve assembled such a high-quality ensemble cast, mixing some exciting new faces with experienced actors whom I have long coveted and admired.”
MOST READ IN TV & SHOWBIZ
LOOK OF LOVE
Paul Hollywood’s lover, 22, seen after romantic break as ex is ‘devastated’
EastEnders fans sickened as Hunter makes Phil watch him take Louise’s virginity
Scarlett Moffatt kisses and cuddles boyfriend ahead of tonight’s SNT final
ANT’S ‘DOUBLE’ TROUBLE
Ant ‘twice drink-drive limit’ when he was arrested over car smash
Danniella Westbrook is ‘homeless’ and friends fear her nose is ‘rotting off’
Christine McGuinness hits back at husband Paddy after childcare fib
‘cherish every moment’
TOWIE’S Danielle Armstrong reveals her best friend is dying
Emma Willis fears for job as ‘CBB will be axed’ if next series isn’t a hit
Phil and Mel go to war in EastEnders as he takes revenge on Hunter
Inside Emma & Matt Willis’ lavish home with huge kitchen and spectacular views
When does Troy: Fall Of A City start on TV?
Troy: Fall Of A City starts on BBC One at 9.10pm on Saturday February 17, 2018.
If you miss it, you can watch it again on the BBC iPlayer.
The show goes up against QI XL on BBC Two, ITV’s The Voice UK and Ted 2 on Channel 4.
It will be available on Netflix internationally.
- 'I would give anything to be able to play this show for you': Troye Sivan cancels his Paris concert due to illness - as he offers refunds to fans
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus on Journey From ‘Seinfeld’ to ‘Veep’
- Hunters Review: Violent, Fascinating, and a Little Befuddling
- Al Pacino and Carol Kane Had a ‘Dog Day Afternoon’ Reunion on the ‘Hunters’ Set
- Sophie Turner 'pregnant': Game of Thrones star, 23, and singer husband Joe Jonas, 30, 'expecting first child'
- J-Rod Play Tourist as They Wrap Up Their Romantic Paris Getaway: 'Jennifer Showed Alex Her Favorite Places'
- Dirty dancing, goth selfies, champagne aplenty and In-N-Out Burgers... a peek inside the raucous and star-studded Vanity Fair Oscars 2020 after-party
- ‘Younger’ Star Sutton Foster on Ageism in Hollywood: ‘I’ve Experienced It’
- Al Pacino on new Nazi vigilante show Hunters, TV streaming and learning from his young co-stars
- Jane Lynch on Playing Meryl Streep's Sister
- Kaia Gerber stands out at the Michael Kors show during NYFW along with Bella Hadid as Blake Lively, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Ashley Benson look on
- Israel Folau stars in Catalans Dragons debut but Super League still uneasy with Australian's signing
- Heart Reunite for All-Star ‘Love Alive’ Summer Tour
- Star Ashley Benson and Cara Delevingne Spotted Kissing in London
- How Ben Schwartz Almost Missed Out on Playing Jean-Ralphio on ‘Parks and Rec’
- Mary Pierce to visit New Delhi in search of the next Indian tennis star at the Roland-Garros Junior Wild Card Series
- Manchester City's European ban could have major repercussions
- Supergirl Star Says Playing Cyborg Superman Is Boring
- Flashback: See Scarlett Johansson, Jared Leto and More Stars at 2000 Fashion Week
- Bush kinder wants to teach kids the endangered art of climbing a tree
Who is Louis Hunter? Australian playing Paris in Troy: Fall Of A City and former star in The Fosters have 834 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 7, 2018. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.