Coal baron Don Blankenship is surging in West Virginia’s GOP senatorial primary on the eve of the May 8 election, with an anti-Mitch McConnell message that’s resonating with voters. However, that message is also terrifying Republicans nationally in what may become a repeat of the disaster in Alabama in last year’s special Senate election.Blankenship, flush with cash despite being fresh off a prison sentence he served after being convicted of violating mine safety standards, leading to the deaths of several miners, is blanketing West Virginia airwaves with attacks on McConnell and his wife Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao. Blankenship says in the non-traditional television ad: Swamp Captain Mitch McConnell has created millions of jobs for China people. While doing so, Mitch has gotten rich. In fact, his China family has given him tens of millions of dollars. Mitch’s swamp people are now running false negative ads against me. They are also childishly calling me ‘despicable’ and ‘mentally ill.’ The war to drain the swamp and create jobs for West Virginia people has begun. I will beat Joe Manchin and ditch ‘Cocaine Mitch’ for the sake of the kids. After Blankenship was panned for the ad by basically everyone in the media… Read full this story
- Majority Leader McConnell holds his Kentucky seat, but control of Senate at stake
- GOP lawmakers distance themselves from Trump comments on transfer of power
- Senate is TIED at 47-47 as Mark Kelly flips John McCain's Arizona seat but Lindsey Graham survives as Democrats' bid to take control of Senate collapses - and Nancy Pelosi fails to grab any GOP seats
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden snags Colorado; California gives parolees right to vote
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Trump captures Ohio; Biden secures Minnesota
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Trump’s lead shrinking in Georgia as Atlanta count comes in
- How Democratic failure to take the Senate could leave Biden a lame duck president and scuppers any chance of packing Supreme Court to undermine appointment of Amy Comey Barrett
- Democrats Are Moving Fast on the Filibuster. Biden Isn’t Yet.
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden taking California, Oregon and Washington
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden lead in Ohio could spell trouble for Trump in Midwest
Chaos in West Virginia: Convict Blankenship Surges on Eve of GOP Primary with Anti-McConnell Message have 362 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 7, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.