Mother’s Day treats for the techie mom
(philstar.com) – May 12, 2018 – 3:06pm
MANILA, Philippines — What do “Star for all Seasons” Vilma Santos-Recto love to receive as gifts?
“My mom is an in-denial techie,” confessed Vilma’s son, TV host Luis Manzano.
So, for special occasions like Mother’s Day, Luis usually gets his mom a new phone or a cool new gadget.
It turns out, like mother, like son, because Luis said he is also “quite a techie” like Vilma.
In a recent interview with Philstar.com, Luis confessed that he always checks out the latest gadgets in online shopping sites. He said he usually multi-tasks by online shopping while watching TV.
Among the online shopping sites Luis visits for gifts, gadgets or whatnot is Lazada, which celebrates its 6th anniversary by offering an assortment of over 45 million items, and new features such as instant messaging between customers and sellers, built-in QR code scanner for exclusive deals, and partnership with Globe myBusiness to help small and medium enterprises grow and succeed in the online shopping sphere.
Massage in an instant
Gadgets are often thought to be unhealthy, but there also those geared toward better health.
Thanks to technology, there are gadgets that now cater solely to health, with the development of accessible tools that offer a promised health benefit. Health is often an overlooked part of daily life, but it is as all-around and necessary as chores or communication.
The Elecom E-Clear Refree set takes the health benefits of a body massage into one portable device. Available in stand-alone stores in SM Marikina, SM North EDSA, SM Southmall, Ayala Nuvali Solenad, and in Urbanize Shangri-La and Uptown Mall BGC, this cordless low-frequency electronic pulse massager comes with a flat, lightweight gel pad that you can apply to almost any part of the body that needs therapeutic pressure.
Conveniently chargeable via USB, the set allows users to choose between various massage modes: Deep Shiatsu, Shiatsu, Knead and Beat. It has up to 10 pressure intensity levels available.
For the sentimental mom
Pictures tell a thousand words, specially for moms.
Mothers loves taking pictures – from selfies, taking picture of their children’s achievements and even what millennials do most of the time – taking pictures of their food.
For the mom who loves taking pictures and keeping memories, Huawei’s latest flagship is known for its camera features. Packed with AI, the phone allows mom to easily identify photography modes and camera settings to deliver quality photos.
This Mother’s Day, there is no better way to show your affection and appreciation to the number one woman in your life than with the gift of long-lasting memories printed on paper. More than the usual flower bouquets and box of chocolates, a gift with your personal touch warms a mother’s heart.
With HP printer and original inks, you can print copies of the beautiful memories you want to relive and use them in creating a personalized calendar, making a photo album, or designing a greeting card to amaze your mother.
- Meghan Markle celebrates first Mother's Day as a mom with sweet new photo of baby Archie
- 'A pump-and-dump kind of day': How wine-mom culture shifted from funny memes to unhappy hangovers
- Kelsey Grammer Slams 'Pathetic' Ex-Wife Camille, Reveals She Asked for Divorce on Day of His Mom's Funeral
- Kelsey Grammer slams ex-wife Camille as 'pathetic,' claims she asked for divorce day of his mom’s funeral
- Camille Grammer responds to ex Kelsey’s claims she asked for divorce on day of his mom’s funeral
- Not-So-Happy Mother’s Day
- Kim Kardashian kicks off Father's Day tributes with message to Kanye while Jennifer Lopez, Carrie Underwood and fellow celebs share love on social media
- Catelynn Lowell Breaks Down After Revealing Miscarriage on 'Teen Mom OG'
- PREGNANT Bollywood actress Esha Deol shares adorable PIC with her BABY GIRL on Mother's Day!
- Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Piece By Piece’ Video Is the Sweetest Early (or Belated) Mother’s Day Present
- How a young woman forced to used a wheel chair, treated for several illnesses ended up in prison for her mother's murder
- Bristol Palin gets in blowout fight with husband over PTSD as she's tired of being his 'punching bag' on Teen Mom OG debut
- Treat Mom To A B&B Fit For A Queen
- Student shares tear-jerking video of her 18-year-old dog's final day enjoying treats, cuddles and tours of the neighborhood before he is put to sleep
- Mother, 21, with painful psoriasis reveals she eased the condition in just two WEEKS thanks to a shampoo made from plant root
- Middle school: The new high school for moms
- Teen Mom OG: Maci Bookout tries to convince husband Taylor McKinney to get vasectomy
- Angelina Jolie Reflects on Losing Her Mom to Cancer in Moving Personal Essay
- Teen Mom's Amber Portwood seems to accuse Andrew Glennon of cheating in now deleted Instagram post... 2 weeks after her domestic battery arrest
- Teen Mom star Amber Portwood has first supervised visit with son James after July 5 arrest for domestic battery against boyfriend Andrew Glennon
Mother’s Day treats for the techie mom have 827 words, post on www.philstar.com at May 12, 2018. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.