Weddings are about love, companionship, spending a lot of money to look really, really pretty for one day in your life when everyone will be photographing you, and hopefully lifelong happiness between two people. For celebrity weddings, it’s about all of the above and also about who gets to design the dress, who’s invited, where it’s happening, and how many details you can absorb about the ceremony in real time. For royal weddings, it’s about all of that plus what royal waves are rippling because of the marriage, any international drama leading up to the big day, and extra-fancy details like which carriage the bride and groom will be riding in and what time the queen is arriving. All that, and betting. It’s also about betting. Royal weddings are inherently a spectator sport because of the high profile details and how much public interest is already attached to the participants from the second they announced their engagement (and probably before). Being able to gamble on a life event that’s usually only good for open bars and seeing friends from college makes it all the better. Super rich people involved? Perfect. This is where I say gambling isn’t legal in the… Read full this story
- It's [email protected]: How Prince William and Kate Middleton have reached 10million followers on Instagram - leaving the rest of the royal family, including Harry and Meghan Markle, trailing behind
- Princess Eugenie's Royal Wedding Brings Out Big Celebs and Great Booze
- Can Someone Donate a Shit for Me to Give About the Royal Wedding?
- Why I'll Happily Watch the Royal Wedding
- Where to watch the royal wedding in Tampa Bay and beyond
- Links: Fantasy 'Royal' Weddings Between Black Celebs, Michelle Obama's Cutest Moments With Her Girls and More
- Meghan Markle arrives in a £9K Valentino dress with Prince Harry for Roman wedding of designer Misha Nonoo, with a star-studded guest list including Katy Perry, Ivanka Trump and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie
- Who is the more patriotic dresser? Half of Kate Middleton's royal wardrobe comes from British designers - while just a quarter of Meghan Markle's pieces are from UK labels
- One is amused! RICHARD KAY reveals how Mike Tindall has always been the royal joker after he had the Queen in stitches at Ascot
- The Least Likely Royal Baby Names
Royal Wedding prop bets: Prince William’s hair, the queen’s hat, and if the Spice Girls will perform have 384 words, post on www.sbnation.com at May 16, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.