There’s good news for Brits planning a summer holiday in Spain, as the popular destination is proving to offer the best value package holidays this season!
New research by TravelSupermarket has revealed that Spanish hotspots are leading the charge in 2018 with significant price drops compared to last year, meaning there are some seriously tempting deals to snap up.
Costa Brava topped the list as the cheapest destination for package holidays in Europe, with average rates from £256pp for a week’s break (a 7.4% price drop compared to 2017).
It was its resorts including Pineda de Mar, Calella and Lloret de Mar which proved to offer the best value packages, whether you’re hoping to make the most of the picture-perfect beaches, family-friendly resorts and plethora of attractions including PortAventura theme park.
The second best value destination in Europe also went to Spain, this time to sun-soaked Costa Dorada which has long been a firm favourite for its sandy beaches, calm waters and vibrant nightlife.
Costa Dorada has the biggest price drop for 2018 with a fall of 22%, meaning you could bag a week’s holiday from average rates of £277pp.
Other resorts including Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol and Canary Islands including Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria and Lanzarote also featured on the top 10 list.
Despite a reputation for hiked up prices during the summer months, it seems that Spain is still offering the most competitive prices, including some of the cheapest all-inclusive deals for Brits .
To help you snap up the best packages, we’ve put together a handy guide for finding cheap holidays in Spain with late deals, all-inclusive offerings and great offers for family holidays.
Top 10 cheapest destinations for package holidays
1. Pineda de Mar, Calella and Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava , Spain (Average prices of £256.39pp)
2. Salou, Costa Dorada , Spain (Average prices of £277.00pp)
3. Sidari or Kavos, Corfu , Greek Islands, Greece (Average prices of £302.01pp)
4. Alicante and Benidorm, Costa Blanca , Spain (Average prices of £337.30pp)
5. Icmeler and Marmaris , Turkey (Average prices of £348.50pp)
6. Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria , Canary Islands, Spain (Average prices of £358pp)
7. Malia, Crete, Greek Islands , Greece (Average prices of £358.39pp)
8. Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote , Canary Islands, Spain (Average prices of £359.18pp)
9. Faro, Algarve , Portugal (Average prices of £360.50pp)
10. Feungirola, Costa del Sol , Spain (Average prices of £364.97pp)
- Cheaper holidays for Brits as pound plummets including Turkey and Poland
- Pontins launches October half term deals with holidays from just £5pp a night
- Holidays to Spain now cost £500 more than last year – before flight costs
- Britons heading to the US are offered just 85 cents to the pound as sterling struggles
- Amazon Prime Day 2022: The best deals live right now
- 'I wish I hadn't booked it!' Britons furious as holidays hit amid pound's all-time low
- Chanel Black Friday deals 2021: up to 20% off NOW
- 3 best dog cryptocurrencies not to miss in 2022
- Cost of Living payment latest: Mortgage rates warning as banks pull deals; plus money & energy bill tips
- More ugly signs in stand off over hated deal - DUP 'stunt' paralyses Stormont
- Transfer news: Man Utd's Depay 'bid', Chelsea deal 'confirmed', eighth Spurs signing
- Plunging pound sparks panic as 10 banks pull mortgage deals in huge blow to Britons
- Full list of banks and lenders pulling mortgage deals as markets panic over the pound
- Lionel Messi to decide future after World Cup with PSG contract expiring next summer… but has NO current transfer offers
- M2 MacBook Air now $150 off in Tuesday’s best deals, Apple Watch Leather Link bands, more
- 'Shafted' WizzAir passengers stranded after they're sent in taxi to wrong country
- Opportunity Cost, The Nuggets’ Trade For Caldwell-Pope, And The Lakers’ Handling Of Horton-Tucker
- How the falling pound affects you – and who the winners and losers are
- The Strategist’s Impromptu Dinner-Party Sale: From Great Jones to Goldbelly
- AT&T vs. Cox Communications: Two Top Internet Providers Vie for Your Consideration
Spain currently offers the best value package holiday deals for Brits have 629 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 1, 2018. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.