0 View Gallery View Comments The Mountain West appears on its way to losing the Las Vegas Bowl, but MW football is not in a free fall. It’s on the rise, actually. A slow rise, but definitely a rise. And here’s the good news for Air Force football fans: The rise can linger. Two years ago, in the 2015-2016 season, the MW placed only one team (San Diego State) in the top 50 of the final RPI power rankings. The conference was, deservedly, losing national prestige. The MW has revived. In 2016-2017, the conference landed three teams – including Air Force at No. 36 – in the top 50 and five teams in the top 60. In 2017-2018, three MW teams placed in the final top 35 (the Pac-12 had four) and three players in the first round of the NFL Draft. Related: Air Force will face CSU on a holiday, host fewer late-night games Yes, it appears the Las Vegas Bowl will drop its association with the MW starting in 2020. For the past decade, the MW has usually sent its champion to the Las Vegas Bowl. But the football scene in Vegas is about change, radically. The Raiders… Read full this story
- Well-traveled QB Nick Starkel at home with unbeaten, bowl-bound San Jose State
- San Jose State football team traveled to Tucson despite quarantine restrictions
- San Jose State coronavirus outbreak: 13 cases in Spartans football program
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are 'BOTH fighting to keep $60m dream mansion in Calabasas' as the Hollywood couple prepare for $2.2bn 'divorce'
- 18 NFL Teams Still in Contention For Super Bowl LV With One Game Remaining
- Weird football kits, from Sporting Braga’s bizarre Roman armour kit to 12 more crazy designs
- John Elway steps down as Broncos’ general manager but will oversee football operations
- With 6 players and 2 coaches out, San Jose State gets drubbed by Ball State in Arizona Bowl
- On Football: Playoff picture clears up -- and muddles, too
- San Jose State Taking On Ball State in Arizona Bowl
David Ramsey: Mountain West football on the rise, despite probable loss of Las Vegas Bowl have 322 words, post on gazette.com at June 11, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.