June 24, 2018 | 01:28 pm GMT+7
Luu So Qui and accomplices produced and traded over 3kg of heroin meant for the Australian market.
Ho Chi Minh City will prosecute five people, including a Vietnamese Australian, for illegally producing and transporting narcotics.
The Australian citizen, Luu So Qui, and a Vietnamese resident of Ho Chi Minh City will be charged with illicit production and trading of narcotics, while three other Vietnamese people will be prosecuted for illegally trading the substances.
According to the city’s prosecutors, between 2015 and 2017, the five people had traded over 3kg of heroin that was to be smuggled to Australia.
Qui and a member of the ring named Nhan had produced the drugs under orders from an acquaintance of Qui, a Vietnamese Australian woman named Hoa.
Qui, under the direction of a man named Trieu in the five-member ring, also bought 1.7 kg of heroin and sent it to Australia through the post office.
Local police discovered the ring in May, 2017.
Earlier this month, the Ministry of Public Security had said local authorities have arrested around 8,500 suspects in 13,000 drug trafficking cases this year. The amount of confiscated heroin has doubled and that of ecstasy pills increased by 30 percent over the same period last year, it added.
Vietnam’s tough drug laws say anyone convicted of possessing or smuggling more than 600 grams of heroin or more than 2.5 kilograms of methamphetamines can be sentenced to death. The production or sale of 100 grams of heroin or 300 grams of other illegal narcotics is also punishable by death.
- Billionaire arrested at Las Vegas Strip hotel faces drug trafficking charges
- Vermonter arrested on federal drug trafficking charges
- Man arrested on drug trafficking charges in Mattapan
- Paterson NJ: Man faces drug possession charges
- Birmingham man held on drug trafficking charges
- Fitchburg woman arrested on drug trafficking charges, over 300 grams of heroin/fentanyl seized
- Man sentenced on drug trafficking charges
- Two more Idaho corrections officers sentenced in drug trafficking conspiracy
- Drug traffickers in Cleveland’s eastern suburbs dealt heroin, fentanyl with shared cellphone, feds say
- Gov. Mike DeWine proposes Narcotics Intelligence Center to help nab Ohio drug traffickers
- 17 Coos County residents charged in drug-trafficking sweep
- Drug trafficking that led to deaths of two Pa. men sends Maryland man to federal prison
- Las Vegas prosecutors say tech billionaire facing drug charges
- Probe into drug trafficking spurred by sharp rise in overdose deaths
- 9 alleged gangsters who called themselves the ‘So Icy Boys’ indicted on heroin trafficking charges
- El Chapo trial verdict: Sinaloa Cartel leader guilty of drug trafficking
- Police watching Augusta ‘drug house’ make drug-trafficking arrests
- Troy man from Netflix's 'Dope' arrested for drug trafficking
- Gardiner drug trafficker sentenced to 9 years, admonished by judge for bringing ‘poison’ into Maine
- Reading woman faces drug charges after raid at rooming house
Vietnamese Australian, 4 others face drug trafficking charges have 445 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 23, 2018. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.