If you watch Westworld for the shocks, last night’s installment couldn’t have disappointed you. And, while it didn’t reach the heights of last week’s phenomenal episode, which told an epic love story that had been lying in the margins of the main narrative, “Vanishing Point” told a story of self-obsession and lovelessness instead. It’s time we delved into the history of the Man in Black—not young Billy’s slow realization of the monster within, but the recent history of Ed Harris’ old, cold, selfish monster, and what set him on his latest jaunt of cruelty through the park. We knew the basics before the episode even began: As William himself and his daughter have both explained, William is basically a bad person—it just took his journey and heartbreak with Dolores for him to realize “the stain” on his soul that had always been there. In Westworld, he could be his true, awful self, and murder children and rape women and indulge his evil; outside, he’s the head of Delos, a major philanthropist, and a father to a daughter who doesn’t see who her father truly is, and a wife who does, and eventually kills herself because of it. In “Vanishing Point,”… Read full this story
- US passes 350,000 COVID deaths and sets single-day cases RECORD: America reaches another grim milestone as 299,087 test positive in 24 hours and California funeral homes run out of room - while CDC data suggests the true death toll is 470K
- And these are the people who DIDN'T stay home: Three people are hurt in London's first stabbings of 2021 - while revellers pack illegal raves, drink on streets and hold anti-lockdown march in the capital
- Happy muted New Year! Crowds gather in restriction-free New Zealand to ring in 2021 as the rest of the world prepares scaled-down celebrations to send off a year blighted by the global pandemic
- FATAL ENCOUNTER / Officer Isaac Espinoza and resident David Hill had chances to leave the Bayview, but the neighborhood had a pull on them. Now Espinoza is dead, and Hill is accused of his slaying.
- The Enduring Appeal Of The Selena Myth
- Marvel Phase 4: new MCU release dates, cast news, crossovers, and more
- The 50 best HBO series streaming right now
- Boris Johnson's suffers biggest-ever Tory rebellion against him - as 55 of his backbenchers vote against his plans putting prospect of future lockdowns in jeopardy
- Wounded Boris Johnson lashes out at 'General Indecision' Keir Starmer for abstaining in crunch tiers vote that saw 55-strong Tory revolt - as MPs warn things will get WORSE for PM unless he makes good on hints curbs will be eased in two weeks
- Happy New Lockdown! Just 4% of Britons say they WILL break Covid rules to celebrate with friends tonight despite government pleas to stay at home as police launch crackdown on illegal street parties and Trafalgar Square is fenced off
Westworld Approaches Its Endgame With Death, Tragedy, and a Few Major Revelations have 475 words, post on io9.gizmodo.com at June 18, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.