Twenty-six men and women are seated along four folding tables laid end to end in the ballroom of a former Masonic lodge in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico . An eclectic mix, ranging from local charity workers to Silicon Valley investors to cryptocurrency early adopters, they all believe that they're about to make history. Specifically, they are here to help Brock Pierce – a child actor turned video-game entrepreneur turned crypto titan – give away a billion dollars to charity. Not in a will after his death, but now, in the prime of his life and the peak of his career, at age 37. Just three days earlier, Pierce was listed number nine on Forbes' first-ever List of Cryptocurrency's Wealthiest People , with his net worth estimated as high as $1 billion. The math isn't hard to do: One billion minus one billion equals . . . "I've committed to giving away everything I have," Pierce tells the hushed group in his gravelly, resonant voice. He stands five feet four, with dirty-blond hair and a dirtier-blond goatee. He's wearing a leather satchel slung around his torso and a black wide-brimmed hat with two playing cards – a queen of spades and a queen… Read full this story
- Sundance: Keira Knightley, Daisy Ridley and #MeToo Movement Films Make Lineup
- 'Black Lightning': TV Review
- 15 Embarrassing Pictures That Would Get James Bond Kicked Out Of MI6
- The Producers: musicals we love
- Warner Bros. TV's San Diego Comic-Con 2018 Schedule Released!
- Comic-Con 2018 Saturday Schedule Announced
- Peter Fonda, ‘Easy Rider’ actor and screenwriter, is dead at 79
Brock Pierce: The Hippie King of Cryptocurrency have 260 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at July 26, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.