Spain holidays have long been a firm favourite with Brits looking for a cheap getaway – and no wonder.
With some of its popular hotspots just a short flight away you don’t need to use up all of your annual leave, but the best part is there’s always a bargain to be had – even during the school holiday dates.
During the summer, Canary Islands like Tenerife and Fuerteventura draw in crowds of families with their all-inclusive resorts and beach holiday offerings, while on the mainland it’s city break galore thanks to cultural hubs such as Barcelona and Madrid.
If you’re after a cheap family holiday in 2019 that the whole family will enjoy, Spain makes for a pretty safe bet – especially if you’re on a budget .
So where can you find the best deals? We take a look at the best places to find cheap holidays in Spain from all-inclusive beach breaks to long weekends soaking up the Spanish sunshine.
What’s included in our guide?
- Best deals on Spain holidays
- Top cheap destinations for a family holiday in Spain
- Best places to find cheap holiday packages as well as all-inclusive breaks
- How to find a cheap city break in Spain
- Airlines that offer cheap flights to Spain
Best deals on Spain holidays
- Costa Brava from £99pp : Wowcher currently has all-inclusive breaks to Costa Brava going from £99pp for a stay at Hotel MoreMar, with return flights included.
- Barcelona from £119pp : Wowcher currently has deals on two- and three-night stays at the 4-star Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel including return flights and breakfast.
- Seville from £199pp : LoveHolidays currently has a seven-night break in Seville including your flights and hotel.
- Benidorm from £475pp : Thomas Cook has holidays staying at the 4-star Sandos Benidorm Suites on an all-inclusive basis.
- Marbella from £485pp : LoveHolidays currently has an offer on seven nights in Marbella including flights and hotel.
Top cheap destinations for a family holiday in Spain
Spain is ideal for a family holiday – after all, it boasts some pretty incredible beaches , family-friendly resorts and offers a plethora of sights, restaurants and theme parks that the whole family can enjoy.
Tenerife has plenty of things to see and do for families from zoos to water parks, while Costa Adeje is filled with family-friendly resorts, picturesque beaches and budget-friendly activities.
On mainland Spain, it’s Costa Brava and Costa del Sol which continue to be firm favourites with Brits.
Meanwhile, party-seekers may want to check out the Balearic Islands; you’ll find plenty of DJs, clubs and raves in Ibiza, while Majorca offers a more laidback vibe with a thriving nightlife.
Best places to find cheap holiday packages
The good news is that because it’s such a popular hotspot with families, there’s a wealth of travel firms offering up cheap Spain holidays.
However, that can make narrowing down your options a somewhat daunting task – but there are some websites worth bookmarking, especially as they host sales and deals which often include the school holiday dates. Check them out below…
TravelSupermarket : If you’re looking for cheap villas and holiday rentals , TravelSupermarket can be a great source. It’s also handy for comparing package prices if you’re looking for a flight and hotel offer rather than a week all-inclusive.
LoveHolidays: You can find plenty of cheap holidays here. Think a week all-inclusive from £176pp , or a sunshine break from £99pp . Not to mention that LoveHolidays lets you secure a booking with a deposit, and pay the rest of your break closer to the departure date.
How to find a cheap city break in Spain
Culture vultures will find a plethora of landmarks, historical settings and museums in Spanish cities, while foodies can spend days wandering through the cobbled streets to check out the tapas and wine bars.
Capital Madrid is packed with hidden gems, world-famous galleries and plenty of local haunts where you can indulge and mooch about to soak up the laidback vibe. Of course, there are plenty of sights and landmarks to check out too .
Meanwhile, Barcelona continues to be a hit for those wanting a mix of city break and beach holiday, not to mention it has plenty of breathtaking sights such as the awe-inspiring Sagrada de Familia cathedral and Park Guell, a mosaic extravaganza by Gaudi.
Check out these insider tips for making the most of the city .
The good news is that you won’t need to break the bank to enjoy a city break in Spain – in fact, if you search in the right places you can find some great deals.
For example, Lastminute.com often hosts flash sales where city breaks to Barcelona have been slashed to as little as £89pp, not to mention there are often deals and offers if you’re planning a last-minute long weekend.
Prefer to plan ahead? Expedia can be a great source for cheap flights and hotel packages, while Booking.com , Hotels.com and TripAdvisor all offer cheap hotel options, and a few luxury ones too in case you are looking to splurge.
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Spain
Ryanair often hosts sales with flights to Spain from as little as £9.99 , while easyjet has flights to hotspots like Barcelona, Majorca, La Palma and Madrid with prices from as little as £22 each way . British Airways also offer direct routes to the main holiday favourites .
- Home Depot Labor Day Sale 2020: The 5 Best Deals | Digital Trends
- How to book a holiday this summer and protect your money
- Theme park short breaks & day tickets from £19: the best deals at popular parks for summer 2021
- National Rose Day: The best deals on Rose to snap up before Saturday
- Best UK coach holidays for 2021 from sightseeing tours to theatre trips
- Boots announces HUGE Bank Holiday sale with up to £15 off fragrance, 20% off beauty and more – here are the best deals
- Best 4th of July Sales 2020: The Best Deals, All In One Place | Digital Trends
- Prime Day 2021: Best deals on Amazon Devices including Kindle, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Alexa and more
- B&Bs reopen in England today – here are the best deals in popular seaside destinations from £25 a night
- Best UK glamping breaks this summer in top locations from Kent to Cornwall
- Will you get that foreign holiday this summer? Here’s what the experts and Covid stats are saying
- When is Prime Day 2021? Plus, best deals to expect
- Camping and caravan UK: 'Best' remote locations for your summer staycation mapped
- Amazon Prime Day UK 2021: Date confirmed plus the best deals and everything to know
- The best deals supermarkets and chains are offering to celebrate the Euros
- Prime Day 2019: Best deals on Amazon devices, from Fire TV sticks to Kindles to Echo Dots
- Erdogan locks Turkey down to save holidays this summer - Will you be able to get away?
- 10 Tips For Getting The Best Deals During Amazon Prime Day
- Best deals on garden gazebos for outdoor parties as rule of six for indoor gatherings extended until July
- Hopes of foreign holidays this summer dashed as government urges Brits to stay in UK
How to find the best deals for cheap holidays to Spain in summer 2019 have 1328 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at July 3, 2018. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.