Frank Pawul, flanked by his attorneys, pleads guilty to aggravated first-degree murder in the killing of Deputy Daniel McCartney. (KOMO News photo) TACOMA, Wash. – The man accused of killing a Pierce County sheriff’s deputy in January was sentenced to life in prison without parole Friday after the deputy’s grieving widow told the judge that her life “was shattered into a million pieces” by her husband’s death. The sentencing in Pierce County Superior Court came after the suspect, Frank Pawul, pleaded guilty to aggravated first-degree murder and all other charges in the death of Deputy Daniel McCartney, who was killed while chasing the suspects in an armed home invasion in Frederickson on Jan. 7. In an emotional statement before the court, the deputy’s widow, Cierra McCartney, tearfully poured out her grief over the death of her husband and father of the couple’s three young sons. “The moment I found out that my husband did not survive … the room started spinning, and I felt as if I could not breathe,” she told the judge. “A million thoughts ran through my head. I stood up to try and shake it off, thinking it must be a horrible nightmare. … Then the… Read full this story
- Jesse Osborne, 17, gets life without parole for killing his father and a six-year-old boy on an elementary school playground during a shooting spree when he was just 14 after judge said he showed 'little remorse'
- 'Mississippi Burning' killer gets 60 years
- Jury sentences Bellaire cop killer to death
- 'I'm going to do Columbine better': What teen told deputy months before murdering dad and boy, 6, with hatchet at school is revealed by psychiatrist who got 'chills' interviewing killer
- 'He was Mum's favourite': Shattered family of slain Australian tourist speak of their grief as they come face-to-face with his accused killer - as terrifying details about his girlfriend's escape emerge
- The 13 questions baby killer Keli Lane should answer
- 'If you could not have Sophie no one else was going to': Judge jails jealous husband for life for strangling his estranged wife to death after she turned down £100 to sleep with him one last time
- Top Texas court reduces killer’s death sentence to life
- Five NYC gang members get prison time in mistaken-identity killing of boy, 15
- Harry Dunn’s parents meet Trump to get son’s ‘killer’ Anne Sacoolas returned to UK but snub ‘ambush’ meeting with her
Deputy's killer gets life without parole as widow pours out her grief to judge have 391 words, post on komonews.com at August 3, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.