|Korean Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-hwa (R)|
Meeting with the RoK’s Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-hwa, the Vietnamese diplomat said he hopes the two sides would work hand in hand to realize reached important agreements during Korean President Moon Jae-in’s state visit to Vietnam in March 2018.
He reiterated the invitation to the Korean leader to attend the World Economic Forum on ASEAN 2018, set to take place in Vietnam in September.
Minh spoke of his appreciation for agreements reached at recent meetings between leaders of the RoK and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) as well as between Korean and US leaders. He affirmed his nation’s willingness to coordinate and enhance its role in promoting dialogues, cooperation and denuclearization on the Korean peninsula so as to ensure peace, stability and prosperity in the region.
For his part, Kang said Vietnam is the biggest partner of the RoK in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) while hoping that Vietnam would continue backing peace and denuclearization on the Korean peninsula.
|Lao Foreign Minister Saleumxay Kommasith (L)|
Talking to Lao Foreign Minister Saleumxay Kommasith, Minh once again extended his sympathy to leaders of the Lao Party, State, Government and people over huge losses caused by the Sepien-Senamnoi hydropower dam collapse and believed that local residents in affected areas would overcome the aftermath and stabilize their lives soon.
Both sides greatly valued the close and practical relationship between the two Ministries of Foreign Affairs and concurred to well prepare for and effectively implement regular consultation mechanisms at the foreign minister and deputy minister levels.
They agreed to strengthen the exchange of information and closely coordinate at regional and international forums as well as within sub-regional mechanisms.
The two diplomats consented to work with other ASEAN members to deepen the ASEAN Community’s cooperation process, reinforce solidarity, and the bloc’s centrality and common voice in regional strategic matters, including the East Sea issue.
|Malaysian Foreign Minister Saifuddin Abdullah (R)|
Meeting with Malaysian Foreign Minister Saifuddin Abdullah, Minh expected that the two foreign ministries would boost closer coordination, especially in celebratory activities regarding the 45th anniversary of diplomatic ties.
He asked the Malaysian side to offer optimal conditions for Vietnamese products such as rice and farm produce to enter the Malaysian market, and bolster cooperation in oil and gas and labour export.
|Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi (L)|
At their meetng, FM Minh and Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi agreed to push forward with measures to improve the effectiveness of bilateral relations, especially an early finalization of a program of actions on strategic partnership from 2019 to 2023.
Both agreed to advance economic cooperation towards two-way trade target of US$10 billion by 2020. They pledged to cooperate closely in strengthening the ASEAN unity and central role in addressing regional issues, including the East Sea and increase cooperation between the ASEAN and China for an early completion of a Code of Conduct for Parties in the East Sea (COC).
Minister Marsudi thanked Vietnam for its support for Indonesia’s non-permanent membership at the UN Security Council in the 2019-2020 term. Indonesia repeated its support for Vietnam’s bid to run for the UN Security Council non-permanent membership in the 2020-2021 term.
- Pakistan will continue supporting Kashmiris' struggle for right to self-determination: FM Qureshi
- Vietjet opens more direct routes linking Vietnam with India, further boosting regional connection
- Dual diplomatic responsibility offers rare opportunity for Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City building 500-bed makeshift hospital for novel coronavirus treatment
- Youth groups meet in City
- US-India relations tense as Pompeo meets Modi in New Delhi
- Coronavirus: Third patient in UK thought to have caught illness in Singapore
- Dual diplomatic responsibility offers rare opportunity for Việt Nam
- Future of Asia conference kicks off in Japan
- HCMC hopes investment in infrastructure will foster economic growth
- Smart health, education operation centers link with city’s manpower development
- ASEAN foreign ministers pass framework agreement for COC in East Vietnam Sea
- ‘I’m lucky to be hospitalized in Vietnam’: 2019-nCoV Chinese patient
- Trump tells advisers he doesn't want another summit with North Korea's Kim
- Party, Government, NA foreign affairs bodies forge stronger ties
- Vietnamese, Indonesian leaders talk about nCoV prevention
- Vietnam proposes ASEAN plan to fight nCoV
- Successful premiere as UNSC chair
- ASEAN foreign ministers underline non-militarization of East Vietnam Sea in join communiqué
- ASEAN responds in concert to coronavirus
FM Binh Minh meets regional diplomats in Singapore have 711 words, post on english.vov.vn at August 1, 2018. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.