Visitors to Hoi An city (Photo: VNA) Quang Nam (VNA) – A seminar discussing a project on the use of bicycles in the ancient city of Hoi An of the central province of Quang Nam was held in the city on October 24. The event was organised by authorities of the city, the Health Bridge Canada in Vietnam and the German Corporation for International Cooperation (GIZ). At the seminar, participants discussed policies on non-motorised transportation in Hoi An, along with experiences in using bicycles as the main vehicle in some cities around the world. They also assessed opportunities and challenges of the city’s bicycle development plan. Over the years, Hoi An has committed to building itself into an eco friendly city to preserve its historical and cultural values. The city has encouraged walking and the use of bicycles and public transport. However, many motorcycles are still in use in Hoi An due to a lack of policies and road infrastructure for bicycles. Vice Chairman of the Hoi An People’s Committee Nguyen Van Son said the project will devise policies to popularise the use of bicycles in the city. The city will call on the private sector, including restaurants, hotels and… Read full this story
- Under Armour launching new #WEWILL campaign aimed at aiding city
- Lifestyle Mulberry harvest season heralds start of summer in Vietnam’s Hoi An In Vietnam, man asked to pay $0.0085 in bank debt
- Manchester City won't makes January signings in quest to hunt down Pool, insists Guardiola
- Manchester City youngster Rabbi Matondo chose Wales over England… to play alongside Gareth Bale!
- Frenkie De Jong admits he may leave Ajax in summer as Man City lead race for Dutch star
- Additional bicycle lanes along MRT tracks – DBKL
- KL bicycle lanes: DBKL conducts re-audit in 60 days
- Sports Ho Chi Minh City TV to livestream all cycling tourney stages for 1st time Houses, shops block sidewalks in Hanoi
- Sports Ho Chi Minh City TV to broadcast live all cycling tourney stages for 1st time Houses, shops block sidewalks in Hanoi
- Sports Ho Chi Minh City TV to broadcast live all cycling tourney stages for 1st time Technology and the expats in Vietnam
Hoi An aims to become bicycle-friendly city have 366 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 24, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.