CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Prince Harry and his wife, the Duchess of Sussex, are expecting their first child in the spring, Kensington Palace said Monday. The announcement came hours after Harry and the former Meghan Markle arrived in Sydney at the start of a 16-day visit to Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand. Hundreds of people gathered to catch a glimpse of the couple after they landed. “Their royal highnesses have appreciated all of the support they have received from people around the world since their wedding in May and are delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public,” the palace said in a statement. After their arrival in Sydney, the prince and the former American actress held hands and walked out an airport rear entrance and into a car. Meghan, wearing skinny black pants and a black, burgundy trimmed coat, was smiling and clutching folders, while Harry gave a thumbs up to bystanders. The announcement of the pregnancy confirms weeks of speculation from royal watchers about why Meghan was not joining Harry on his Sydney Harbour Bridge climb set for Friday. Harry and Meghan — along with Prince William and his wife, Kate, the duchess… Read full this story
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle become focus of attention on Church visit with Queen
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle eyeing future in LA to 'create their own life' away from royal roots
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle all smiles on first outing after returning to UK
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle beaming with joy in latest picture from UK trip
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle 'still loved' by Queen Elizabeth II and royal family
- Queen Elizabeth Reveals Conclusion to Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's Royal Exit for 'Peaceful New Life'
- This Trip Follows in the Footsteps of Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Royal Tour of South Africa
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle ‘buoyed’ by public support on final tour but have ‘no regrets’ over quitting royal life
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Decked Out in Royal Red Before Stepping Down
- One last time: Prince Harry, Meghan attend final royal engagements
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle expecting their 1st child in spring have 335 words, post on www.cleveland.com at October 15, 2018. This is cached page on Travel Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.